A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Scott Sands:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Scott Sands is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Sands
Diabetic Macular Edema Read all about Diabetic Macular Edema by visiting our Vitals patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Sands Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Scott Sands, MD, PA is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Cataract Surgery
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
Education & Awards
Dr. Sands graduated from The University of Texas at Galveston.
Dr. Sands has 15 hospital affiliations:
- East Texas Medical Center-Tyler
- East Texas Medical Center-Carthage
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Scott J Sands MD and PA is a male Ophthalmologist, has 38 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. Scott J. Sands practice?
- Dr. Scott Sands has 1 office location.
Dr. Scott Sands practices Ophthalmology near Jacksonville, TX.
See Jacksonville Ophthalmologists.