A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. R Schafer:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. R Schafer is Excellent.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Schafer
Deep Vein Thrombosis Patient Education Learn all about symptoms and treatments for deep vein thrombosis by reading Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Schafer Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. R Schafer, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Schafer graduated from UMDNJ, Newark.
Dr. Schafer has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Maine Medical Center
- Mid Coast Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. R Scott Schafer MD is a male Internist, has 28 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- Where does Dr. R S. Schafer practice?
- Dr. R Schafer has 1 office location.
Dr. R Schafer practices Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease near Brunswick, ME.
See Brunswick Internists and Brunswick Cardiologists.