If I could give him zero I would... show details If I could give him zero I would...
by Leigh Cannon on Sep 24th, 2016

We came to Dr. Schaffer as a second opinion because the last ENT we went to tried to say that the reason my son was having a hard time breathing and eating was because he has CP. He ended up giving us a nasal spray and I was so hopeful because this doctor was actually listening and trying something. We ended up going to the ER three weeks later because my son had an asthma attack and while there they suctioned out his nose. The following week we had our follow up apt and he said that the spray seemed to work. I told him it kind of helped but he sounded so good because he got his nose suctioned in the hospital. Dr. Schaffer then stated that his breathing problem and eating problem were probably due to the fact that he has CP. I asked if we could get an allergy test done to see if that was the case and the doctor stated that if it was allergies that the spray would have worked. Thank god my son ended up going to the hospital again a week later for having an allergic reaction to a peanut butter sandwich. We were then able to ask for an allergy test from his PCP at his discharge apt. My son ended up having allergic reaction to 90% of the nuts and environmental tests they did. They put him on a nebulizer and the same nasal spray and in two days you could see a dramatic difference. By day 4 he was eating like a pro. Going to this Doctor was a waste of time and a joke. When we went in the second time it seemed like he didn't have time for us and just came in for 5 seconds to tell us there was nothing that he could do to help my son breath better.

Astoundingly Good show details Astoundingly Good
Jan 10th, 2012

Twice in life this year and 20 years ago Dr Schaffer diagnosed my problem in seconds after I spend a year with specialists who couldn't figure it out. I was litteraly in shock this year when I listed out my symptoms and he instantly said he could solve them all. Surgery was a a success and he did. After spending a year with other specialists and three trips to the emergency room I couldn't believe that he was able to solve my problem so easily.If you want the best here he is.