A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Scott Schemmel:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Scott Schemmel is Excellent.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Schemmel
Metastatic Melanoma Patient Education Learn all about metastatic melanoma symptoms and treatments by reading Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Schemmel Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Scott Schemmel, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Sports Medicine
Education & Awards
Dr. Schemmel graduated from Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee.
Dr. Schemmel has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Mercy Medical Center-Dubuque
- Jones Regional Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Scott Paul Schemmel MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 30 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Scott P. Schemmel practice?
- Dr. Scott Schemmel has 2 office locations.
Dr. Scott Schemmel practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Dubuque, IA.
Additional practice locations include: Platteville, WI.
See Dubuque Orthopedic Surgeons.