Interventional Spine Physician

by Cheryl on Feb 3rd, 2014

One of the BEST Dr.'s

|  I trust this Dr with my life  |  show details
by Dawn Joyner on Jul 22nd, 2013

Coming into his office I was scared as ever because I dont trust too many people with my back..sometimes I would rather suffer than go to a dr I did not trust..Dr Schimpff sat and talked to me and what was most important..he actually listened to me..and made me feel that he was genuinly concerned with my back problems and made me feel confident enough to let him do the procedure called RFA or facet nerve ablation....it is the act of using radio frequencey to burn the facet nerves along my spine that only purpose was to tell my brain I have pain. Anyway..I continued to go to him for a year and a half and would have continued if he didn't move to Jacksonville Florida in May of 2013...I almost relocated there myself just so I could continue his treatments because I do not want any other dr to do this. Funny thing happened..the very next month in June, my husband said we were moving to Florida..but not Jacksonville but about 5 hours west on the pan handle in Fort Walton Beach. If it is at all possible and God willing..I will travel those 5 hours to see him every 3 to 5 months to continue my therapy with him. If you have the good fortune to acquire his services, you will be most satisfied. He is an incredible Dr. and I am most blessed to have met him

|  Mrs.  |  show details
by MC on Mar 22nd, 2013

Dr. Schimpff is one the kindest professionals I have ever met. His bedside manners are what everyone wishes for. He will tell you what he can and what he can't do for you. I was matched with Dr. Schimpff when my condition was at its worst and nobody else seemed to care much. He has made such a tremendous difference in my quality of life and thus the life of my family. I am so very sorry that he will be leaving Virginia. Florida, you are SO very lucky.

|  Empathic and Caring  |  show details
May 9th, 2012

Dr. S was truly interested in hearing about my history. He is an excellent listener and proactive in handling my pain. Throughout the appointment I felt that if something was causing me difficulty he wanted to know about it. We have a plan now for managing my issues and it is a huge relief to know that he will not just let it drop if the next step is not successful. I am so grateful. Finally, somebody is going to DO something. Maybe soon, life will get back to being quality living.

|  Teresa McConnell  |  show details
Apr 16th, 2012

Dr. Schimpff worked on my degenerating discs and made necessary injections in order for me to be pain free. I have been pain free for two years now. I would recommend anyone with back pain to visit Dr. Schimpff.

|  Great Care and Skills  |  show details
Oct 13th, 2011

From my initial visit to out-patient surgery, I received excellent care, kindness, and general success in fixing my health issues.Unfortunately, the admin/clerical/support staff is a big disappointment. It significantly takes away from the practice's reputation [at least with me]. 4 procedures, 4 alleged follow-up contacts from the practice nurse to me for appts - just never happened. I today had to make my own appt - again. I will continue with Dr Schimpff b/c he is extraordinarily talented, but the office is in need of some serious work.

|  Scoliosis Surgical Patient - Failed Syndrome  |  show details
Apr 8th, 2011

Most knowledgeable, efficient, Physician have seen for this. Excellent bedside manner and true empathy.

Feb 10th, 2011

Dr. Schimpff's knowledge, professionalism, sensitivity and caring are excellent, far above any physician I have met in his area of expertise.

|  dissapointed  |  show details
Sep 16th, 2010

One of the worst doctors I have ever seen. I waited an hour and a half to see this dr and he spent a total of 10 minutes with me. The nurse practitioner asks most of the questions and records all of your information. She does not want any detail about your illness just short yes or no answers. During the 10 minutes Dr. Schimpff spent with me, he told me that I would have injection therapy, without asking me how I felt about it. They brushed off my concerns about the risks. And, they seem to only practice in injection therapy. If you do not want, or have had a bad reaction to injection therapy, they will most likey just refer you out or dismiss you as a patient so that spot can be filled with another patient who does want injections. I am very disappointed at having wasted my time and money. It is very disturbing when they are supposed to be pain management specialists yet dont want to help manage pain!

Jun 14th, 2010

Excellent Doctor. Very caring!!

Jul 25th, 2009

excellent doctor! Great bedside manner.Has helped me a great deal.

Jun 11th, 2008

This Dr cares about his patients, is serious and has a easy going personality once he gets the serious part of the meeting over with. I would recommend him to anyone who is suffering with pain and is sick of the run around from other doctors.