A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Scott Shelfo:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Scott Shelfo is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Scott Shelfo, MD is board certified in Urology.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Oncology / Cancer
- fellowship trained in urologic oncology
Education & Awards
Dr. Shelfo graduated from Albany Medical College. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Shelfo has 15 hospital affiliations:
- Piedmont Fayette Hospital
- Northside Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Shelfo accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 19 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Medical Mutual of Ohio - 8 plans
- Unicare - 11 plans
- Evercare - 1 plan
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia - 23 plans
- Anthem - 2 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan