inactive

Scott A Shikora Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 6th, 2014
Dr. Shikora may be a terrific surgeon however confronted with a complication, he has little to offer. I was not told the complete story of how my surgery went and what the outcome would be. My recovery went on and on with little input from Dr. Shikora other than, "I told you there could always be a complication". Given that that is correct, he should have a plan as to how to proceed with recovery. I kept having follow up appointments with no explanation as to how long my recovery might be or what the long term diagnosis could be. Very disappointing experience to say the least.

August 25th, 2014
Dr. Shikora is an amazing doctor. I have had 2 surgical procedures with him and both were completed with perfection. He cured me of many ailments. I am so proud and great-full to be his patient.

July 28th, 2013
Outstanding....hands of gold.....the best at anything he does...
I would recommend Dr. Shikora to anyone and everyone! Not only is he a brilliant surgeon but I was amazed at how many times DAILY he stopped in to check on me. His team was also phenomenal. He is more than personable and keeps you informed every step of the way. I cannot say enough great things about this man, his team and his staff.

October 20th, 2012
So far GREAT
Have seen this doctor for consult and for a follow up visit prior to surgery. I find Dr Shikora very professional, spends the amount of time with you to explain everything and answer all questions. He seems to enjoy his work and is personable. His staff is GREAT, most especially his secretary who schedules the appointments takes care of getting the surgery scheduled. I would highly recommend him and his practice for this type of surgery!

October 25th, 2011
THE BEST
I found Dr. Shikora to be one of the finest physicians I've ever dealt with. He is most knowledgable and answered all my questions. You can depend on his expertise to handle your medical problems. His surgical technique is the finest he has hands of gold.

May 18th, 2011
A legend in his own mind
I had surgery for lapband removal. I was not informed after the surgery about how the surgery had gone. The doctor told me he did see me after surgery. I have no recollection of this. My after care appointment was three weeks after the surgery. I had no idea about whether my band had eroded or slipped; about what kind of pain to expect, about how long the recoup period would be and many other questions. He saw the inside of my body. I did not. This doctor does not like to be questioned or confronted, nor does he appreciate a difference of opinion. He will cut you off before you complete a sentence and mock you if you offer information you researched in order to ask the right questions. He stood during the entire 10 minute appointment indicating to me that I was to finish quickly. I felt so upset that I asked him if he had a problem with me. He did not answer. If you care about a Doctor's bedside manner, do not consider him.