Dr. Scott Silverstein MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery Catonsville, MD

March 25th, 2017
Great doc and guy
Much less painful experience than my other total knee done elsewhere. He's definately current on pain treatment.

July 3rd, 2016
My wife was with me, she is a RN, she was very impressed with Dr Silverstein as was I regarding my injury and his recommended treatment plan.

June 16th, 2016
Left Knee ACL Reconstruction
Scott is an awesome doctor. He was actually a second opinion for me. Initially I was very skeptical with ACL surgery option. This guy gave lot of confidence and positive energy about expected outcome of the surgery. After his visit, I decided to get my surgery done ASAP. Great doc, very BUSY guy.I am almost off crutches within 10 days of ACL surgery. Hardly I could see incisions.I was off pain killers the 4th day after surgery. Good thing about this doctor is he explains each and every type of graft options available and also discusses the time to recover,turnaround time to work (if you are working).

May 14th, 2016
We strongly adore Doctor Silverstein and pleased with his service

March 2nd, 2016
He did my dad's total knee. Everything went as smooth as we could have hoped. He was on only a cane in less than 2 wks. I was surprised how little pain he had. The OR at Northwest was great as well. Could not recommend him more. He had done my boss's knee and he had a great result too!

December 12th, 2015
Good experience
He was referred by my primary doc. Very personable, listened, my problem resolved with his non operative recommendations and his staff was very professional. That works for me. This practice is busy because they are very good.

October 25th, 2015
Great at shoulder scopes!
I'm a rep for an orthopedic company and work with many surgeons in the OR. When my dad needed his shoulder rotator cuff fixed we went with DR. S as he fixes more of the bad ones than anyone I see. Great hands and great guy! Couldn't be happier with the result.

September 10th, 2015
Busy but I feel it was worth it as I again got great care. He has added me on to a busy schedule when I had a problem after surgery (turned out to be nothing). Very caring and skilled. Other doctors recommended him specifically in that great practice.

June 23rd, 2015
I was impressed
Saw him for a shoulder problem the other day. He's busy but really good. while I was there a young boy actually came to the office with a newly dislocated shoulder (odd he didn't go to the ER). From what I understand this is not so easy without anesthesia. Dr Scott put it back in right away, Literally 2 minutes tops. From what I understand sometimes there is a wait as he will work in those in distress like that kid but that's ok in my book! Oh my shoulder feels better after my cortisone shot!

June 22nd, 2015
My main concern was that while the doctor was explaining my problem, he didn't have my xray in front of him. He used a picture of a hip that was on the wall. He should have had a laptop in the exam room so he could bring it up to show me exactly the area he was referring to, expecially since he recommends hip replacement surgery. This is the 2nd doctor in this group that did not have my xray available when discussing my problem. I understand that the xrays are digital now...so bring in a laptop. Patient deserves to see it while it's being discussed for surgery. I should have asked him to bring it in but after he mentioned surgery, I was a little lost for words:)

April 15th, 2015
DCE surgery
Dr Silverstein was a second opinion for my ongoing clicking, sticking and poping shoulder post a fall with elbow fracture. Dr Silverstein sent me for another MRI. He clearly and concisely saw the problem, explained it thoroughly, and with a plan. No wishy-washy medical care. Hes confident with his diagnosis and plan. Needless to say, I stayed with him as my surgeon to fix my problem. He is fantastic, my shoulder is fixed! Erika, and Cathy, his scheduler, are awesome too! Never came across and attitude there.

August 31st, 2014
Nice guy and smart
Dr Scott has treated 3 members of my family in the past 7 years. He is always pleasant and funny and busy. I would think with any good surgeon there would be a wait. Better than seeing someone lousy who isnt busy. My daughters incision from her acl is barely visible! I saw a complaint about Erika but she's great! Always helpful. Highly recommend. To the person complaining about being turned away when late....use your phone and let them know you are running behind and ill bet they would have seen you!