A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Scott Smilen:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Scott Smilen, Obstetrician & Gynecologist, Surgeon is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Scott Smilen, MD is board certified in Obstetrics & Gynecology.
- He has special expertise in 10 areas:
- Fecal Incontinence
- Hot Flashes
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
- Urinary Incontinence
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTI)
- Uterine Cervical Dysplasia
- Uterine Prolapse
Education & Awards
Dr. Smilen graduated from New York University. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Smilen has 8 hospital affiliations:
- Valley Hospital
- Nyu Hospital For Joint Diseases
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Smilen accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 16 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 2 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 3 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 1 plan
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 1 plan
- Oxford Health Plans - 3 plans
- Cigna - 12 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Scott W. Smilen practice?
Dr. Scott Smilen practices Obstetrics & Gynecology, Gynecology, Obstetrics, and Urology near New York, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Woodcliff Lake, NJ and Westwood, NJ.
See New York Obstetricians & Gynecologists and New York Urologists.