Obstetrician & Gynecologist, Surgeon
Video profile

Some ratings provided by Doctor.com. DrScore.
Good luck getting someone to answer the phone. show details Good luck getting someone to answer the phone.
Apr 11th, 2016

The hardest hurdle to getting to see Dr. Smilen is trying to get an appointment. You get tossed to voice mail, every time. You end up in the phone queue from h_ll. We like him...the question is how to get an appointment? Maybe it's time for someone else.

beware show details beware
by jg on Mar 29th, 2016

i was uncomfortable with him. i would never go back

Kind compassionate and caring. show details Kind compassionate and caring.
by Patricia S. on Feb 5th, 2016 on doctor.com

Explained all aspects of my surgery and recovery. Answered all of my questions with precise and accurate information. Eternally grateful for such a c ...

Read Full Review at doctor.com
ETERNALLY GRATEFUL SOR SUCH A COMPETENT SURGEON show details ETERNALLY GRATEFUL SOR SUCH A COMPETENT SURGEON
by PATRICIA A SMITH on Feb 5th, 2016

KIND, COMPASSIONATE AND PROFESSIONAL EXPLAINED AND DESCRIBED ALL ASPECTS OF MY SURGERY AND RECOVERY WITH PRECISE AND ACCURATE INFORMATION.

Dec 2nd, 2015

Outstanding doctor. Spent all the time with me that I needed

not good show details not good
by donna r on Nov 30th, 2015

very unprofessional to say the least. late hurried and had the wrong lab results

Uncaring show details Uncaring
Jul 27th, 2012

For those paitients who have had a good experiece are lucky. I currently have certain issues that need to be taken care of every 6 months will whenever I make an appointment I receive a phone call from his secratray telling me that my appointment has been cancelled. The seceratry called to confirm my appointment, a day before my appiontment in which I TOOK A DAY off FROM WORK again and guess what I received a phone call two hours before my appointment notifying me that Dr. Smilen can't see me and that she will call me back to reschdule; it has been one month!! Never heard from Dr.Smilen's office to reschdule. I think that is RUDE

Recent patient of Dr Scott Smilen and Nurse Hitomi Kawakatsu show details Recent patient of Dr Scott Smilen and Nurse Hitomi Kawakatsu
Jun 20th, 2012

Dr Smilen and Rn Kawakatsu is one of the best Gyn Surgeon and Nurse around! They treated my mom with such care and understanding. The surgery went extremely well and mom was back on her feet within a few hours. Dr Smilen did a great job! Nurse Hitomi is so wonderful with my mom and took great care of my mom. Hitomi was so gentle and carefully did the testing. My mom and I cannot express our appreciation to this team!

Jun 18th, 2012

Great surgeon presents himself to be caring and gentle and your examination will be pain free. However, doesn't follow-up or calls you with the results of procedures such as sonograms and/or urine cultures. Easily angers especially if you call more than twice for your results and upon your next physical examination it will NOT be pain free!

love him... show details love him...
Aug 9th, 2011

after 5 years of suffering and going to 3 different doctors, Dr. Smilen's diagnosis and surgery safed my life. i will be forever grateful to him.

Jul 17th, 2011

In my opinion , Scott Smilen, MD is a very excellent doctor.

See another Dr show details See another Dr
Jul 15th, 2011

I had the following tests done: pap smear, bone density, ultrasound and never received the results. I received my results from my Internal doctor not my OBGYN Dr.Smilen

by Jacqueline Helfrich on Jul 24th, 2010

He was the the best Doctor I have had in a long time. He took care with answering all my questions. He was not insulted when I asked about his knowledge. He was only professional and put me at ease. He is a great sugern but even a better doctor because he listens and does not dismiss the patient. I thought his staff and team that worked WITH him not under him were all the same caliber of person and he will help to train fine doctors like himself (birds of feather). Thank you all.

GREAT MD!! show details GREAT MD!!
by NJ on Jun 17th, 2010

Dr. Smilen is the best! I can't say enough kind words about him and his staff. He carefully explained the diagnosis and the various approaches.I was thrilled with the results. Finally - no discomfort!! I can run, workout.. I'm back to being me.

Top Doctor show details Top Doctor
by annonymus on May 29th, 2009

Dr. Smilen is an excellent doctor. Takes time to explain his diagnosis and shows profesionalism. He is very caring with patients.

Jan 22nd, 2009

Caring and reserved bedside manner. Excellent surgeon.