A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Scott Soifer:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Scott Soifer, MD is board certified in Pediatrics, Pediatric Cardiology, and Pediatric Critical Care.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Congenital Heart Defects
- Heart Catheterization
- Persistent Fetal Circulation Syndrome
- Pulmonary Hypertension
Education & Awards
Dr. Soifer graduated from Upstate Medical University Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Syracuse. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Soifer has 8 hospital affiliations:
- John Muir Medical Center, Walnut Creek Campus
- UCSF Medical Center / Moffitt-Long Hospitals
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Soifer accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 16 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Alameda Alliance for Health - 2 plans
- Health Plan of San Joaquin - 4 plans
- Anthem Blue Cross - 1 plan
- Blue Shield of California - 78 plans
- Humana - 6 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans