Dr. Scott Spann, MD
Orthopaedic & Spine Surgeon
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Dr. Spann - Anterior Cervical Fusion  |  show details
by Sandra Westman on May 13th, 2014

I came to Dr. Spann on the referral from a friend whom he performed a cervical fusion on. I suffered neck pain for almost 10 years, seen by three different doctors and not one willing to perform surgery on me. Dr. Spann said he could help my problem with surgery. My insurance company originally disallowed some of the procedures Dr. Spann was going to do. He fought for me and had a peer to peer talk with a doctor at my insurance company and they agreed to cover all the procedures. It is now one year later and I have no pain at all in my neck and wonderful range of motion. I will say that it was a tough year because the pain was not relieved right away but Dr. Spann insisted on patience and sure enough I am great today!! I highly recommend Westlake Orthopedics for anyone suffering from neck or back problems!!

|  great!  |  show details
Jul 31st, 2013

Dr. Spann was very thorough with me and went into great detail to explain to me my problem as well as my options. I was introduced to his brand new PA, who was lovely. I would absolutely recommend him to any friend or family member.

|  show details
Jun 25th, 2011

we felt like he just didn't care about us and wanted to get out of the room. we were not impressed w him!

|  show details
Apr 6th, 2011

Dr. Spann performed my lower lumbar fusion and did an excellent job. I couldn't be more pleased with the surgery itself. I used Dr. Spann as a 2nd opinion and felt comfortable knowing he over came tremendous back issues and would know what my concerns were. I saw him 1 time as a 2nd opinion, the next at surgery. I spent 3 days in the hospital, had 3 follow-up visits and never got to visit with him for any of them, only his PA. I was paying for his expertise and care-giving, and was never informed prior to the surgery that he even had a PA and that she would be the one I dealt with. As most patients would like to speak to their doctor, I feel it should be mandatory that a patient is informed of a PA and their role in your care giving so that can be factored into the decision. Very dissappointed and would think twice about using him again or recommending him.

|  Cyprus...  |  show details
by Jerome M. Rooney... Albuquerque, NM on Jan 27th, 2011

Dr. Spann was one of the doctors who operated on me last wek in Cyprus. I feel much better than I expected and couldn't be happier. Very professional, warm and caring bedside manner. Excellent surgeon.

|  Excellent surgeon  |  show details
Aug 6th, 2010

I saw Dr. Spann for a shoulder tear, ended up having surgery and it could not have gone better! My shoulder is better than I can remember it ever being. No issues at all. Dr. Spann was so nice and informative. Others who have had the same surgery have not recovered nearly as fast or as fully as I have. Love Dr. Spann for getting me back to my old self and athletically active again!

|  I asked too many questions  |  show details
Dec 19th, 2009

My primary-care physician referred me to Dr. Spann following MRIs of my spine. During the discussion of those MRIs, Dr. Spann made it sarcastically clear that I was asking too many questions.I will not waste my time seeing Dr. Spann again.

|  Knowledgeable, experienced and caring  |  show details
Dec 6th, 2009

He is very knowledgeable. He is very caring. I get a sense that he doesn't waste time on those who don't want to improve their own condition. Follow up was mostly provided by his PA/intern but was just as good, patient and caring as the doctor.