Surgical Specialist, Orthopaedic Surgeon
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

by Irene A. Josupait on Mar 17th, 2014

I am so delighted with the out come of my hip replacement done by Dr. Spore and his staff. I was in the hospital only one day following my surgery. Received home health care as well as outside physical therapy. Through the whole process I experienced very little pain and am walking normally with no variance in both my legs length. I am back to my old self active and enjoying life. From a scale ranging from 1 to 5 with 5 being the highest. I would give Dr. Spore and his staff a 5 Thank You..

|  Great Doctor ....Great Outcome .....Great staff from frontt door to end o care  |  show details
by Roberta Lessner on Mar 16th, 2014

I will choose this Dr if I have to have my hip done. He does wonderful work had surgery Jan 6 ..a week later I was walking with cane only for balance. 3weeks later I was walking into PT with no aid. The scar is so minimal. The entire hospital staff was exceptional. What a great group of people. Great customer service. I admire all of you and intend to write the Dr and hospital with all of your names. Thank you!

|  Totally happy with Two Total Knee Replacements  |  show details
by Mary Lynne Cunningham on Dec 27th, 2013

I'm writing this review after 1 year for one total knee replacement and two years after the other total knee replacement both surgeries performed by Dr. Sporer. My knees are functioning beautifully, are pain free. Besides being able to walk everywhere, I'm now able to alternate feet going up and down stairs, something of which I had been unable to do for years. I am 74 years old and had osteoarthritis of my knees since my early 30's. My only regret is that I didn't have my knee replacement surgeries sooner. I would highly recommend Dr. Sporer.

Dec 25th, 2013

People listen, this doctor and his Dream Team of a staff, gave me my life back! I need 2 total knee repacements. My 1st visit with Dr. Sporer was refreshing! He told me my prognosis, and answered every question. He didn't suggest unnecessary precedures, that would only raise my medical bill. I was in so much pain and frightned of the unknown. However, he and his colleagues / staff, from MDs, PAs, to the clerical, were there with me, supporting me all the way! Now, I'm walking, exercising, playing with my kids, and NO MORE PAIN!!!! Dr. Sporer and his Dream Team ROCKS!!! πŸ’« 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

|  dissatisfaction with return of phone calls  |  show details
by celestine dotson on Sep 18th, 2013

I have repeatedly called Dr. Sporer's office in regard to my mother's follow-up treatment regarding her knee. I have never spoken to a live person. I have never received a follow-up call. My mother is elderly and is very worried about the condition of her knee. All we want is a simple response. we shouldnt have to beg for this. my mother has always paid her bills with dr. spora and deserves to be treated promptly and with respect. Dr. sporer, if you are reading this or someone from your office, please call me at 314-229-7379.

|  Ecellent Surgeon and staff...  |  show details
by Chris Johnson on Aug 26th, 2013

Dr Sporer replaced my right hip on July 1, 2013. I was up and walking that evening with a walker and can honestly say...no pain and none since the surgery. The care and competence of both the doctor and his staff is outstanding. I was home in 2 days and walking without aid by the end of the second week. I am over the moon thrilled about being able to walk again pain free. Dr Sporer gets my vote for best doctor in the world! Words are not enough to describe his exemplary talent or care for his patients. I am so glad he chose this line of work and is available to regular people who need his expertise!

|  Mrs  |  show details
by Jane Rasmussen on Jun 26th, 2013

I appreciate the professional and prompt response from Dr. Sporer and his staff. I would and have recommend Dr. Sporer for knee replacement. Dr. Sporer saw me twice in the hospital after surgery and in the office after that. Thank heavens Dr.Sporer was recommended to me. My recovery was far better and faster than I ever expected. I was walking totally unassisted 5 days after surgery.

|  Great surgeon  |  show details
Sep 15th, 2012

I had a total hip replacement in December 2011 by dr sporer. Had no pain after surgery, great recovery. I owe it all to dr sporer , what a great surgeon & person ,I feel great.....I would highly recommend dr sporer. I can't say enough about him, so glad I found him!!!!! Thank you dr sporer & staff for everything, I'm so grateful !!!!!!!!!

|  Knee replacement  |  show details
Jul 13th, 2012

He had me walking with nearly no pain within three weeks of surgery

Jan 30th, 2012

Dr. Sporer did an emergency revision of a failed hip replacement due to broken femur. I later had him replace my other hip. The 2nd replacement was so different recovery wise from the first. I am more pain free than before the surgery. I would recommend him to anyone needing surgery.

|  Knee replacement  |  show details
Sep 10th, 2011

I had a right knee replacement, by Dr. Sporer. He is a very good surgeon and has an excellent staff, however you do not see him after the operation in the hospital or afterwards you are seen by his very competent physicians assistant. This may be due to keeping costs down, but I think the practice would be served by the good doctor showing up at least once after the operation.

Aug 19th, 2011

Excellant Doctor. Had both knees done within 8 weeks. Recovery was great. Pain control was good. Follow up was easy. He showed he was concerned about me. Staff was courteous and professional.

Jul 19th, 2011

I thank God this doc went to school for ortho speciality. I can walk again, without pain!

May 13th, 2011

I had seen several doctors and everyone told me nothing was wrong. Dr. Sporer listened to me and fixed my problem. I am very impressed with his surgical skill and the pride he takes in his work.

by V. Livak on Apr 19th, 2011

Excellent surgeon. Outcome of hip replacement last year was perfect.

Jan 9th, 2011

Highly recommend

|  Doctor needs to get a personality  |  show details
Jan 5th, 2011

Came highly recommended did not get that impression. Waited a long time to be rush through when finally got to see physician spent more time with young assistant not impressed.

Dec 27th, 2010

This doctor operates on two patients at the same time. I'm still recovering from him.

Dec 20th, 2010

DR. Sporer worked me into his operating schedule at the last minute for my total knee replacement (which I appreciated immensely). But really, what one wants in a surgeon is competence & caring, and he is both. I had both knees done by him, 2 months apart, and my results were outstanding! The pain management was superb--I had very little post-op--and I barely needed rehab at all, since I could walk immediately and had a good 90 degrees of flexion within days. Can't recommend him highly enough!

Nov 4th, 2010

Very talented Dr. However, I do not feel he spends enough time with the patient after surgery. You see him your first visit and then at surgery and then no more. From then on you see his practioner. Other than that, I had a remarkable surgery and recovery and highly recommend him.

Aug 17th, 2010

Highly recommend

Jun 26th, 2010

Excellent physician. Very caring and compasionate. I recovered much faster than all my friends after my surgery

Apr 20th, 2010

Dr. Sporer gave my mom the chance to walk again. She hadn't walked for 2 years and now she is able to come to her grandkids games. Thanks

Apr 19th, 2010

Excellent doctor. I would highly recommend to anyone with an orthopaedic problem. He has excellent bedside manner and is a wonderful surgeon. I have spoken to many of his patients and everyone is very happy.

by francie on Jul 8th, 2009

at 50 yrs old i was a bit young for hip replacemants but i sure needed them. i had spent a year with a different orthopedic group trying to figure out if it was my back or hips that were causing the pain, dr sporer said i had to have back surgery first and sent me to see his partner dr singh when i asked for a referral. that surgery went well and then i had my hip replaced 5 months apart-i wish i had had it done years before, now i can keep up with my grade school kida and am back to work as a nurse.

|  GREAT Doctor!  |  show details
Mar 23rd, 2008

Dr. Sporer literally gave me my life back by performing a successful total knee replacement. After 3 unsuccessful surgeries with my prior doctor, I was skeptible about seeing any ortho. Dr. Sporer has restored my confidence in doctors. I know I'll need a knee replacement in the coming years on the other knee - I have no qualms about having Dr. Sporer do it. Thanks, Dr. Sporer!