Dr. Scott Standard MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

September 26th, 2016
Failed Back Surgery
Dr. Standard performed surgery on me one year ago. I woke up screaming on the table. I was told to have bed rest first couple of weeks then to start walking for 30mins daily. When I called and spoke with the staff about how bad my pain was 3 weeks later they told me to go back on bed rest for several more weeks till I was scheduled for my 6 week check up. Apparently, Dr Standard never ordered that & had no clue what I was talking about. His resolution for my failed surgery was to do more shots & pills. He scheduled a follow up MRI then charged me for it even tho I was told everything was covered 3 months post surgery. His office staff also started another chart on me @ my 6 week check up so I was in system twice so at follow up he didn't even know who I was and told me I would have to have another MRI & when I asked aside from the one he had me do 2 weeks previous he got upset with me like it was my fault when he went outside in hall way and figured out they started two charts. I specifically asked girl up front why are you asking for all of my info again, I've never had to do this before. The girl assured me she had my chart, she was just updating everything, so I went along with it. I now have nerve damage down my whole left leg into my second toe. I will never go back to another surgeon as long as I live. I lost my second toe nail from the nerve damage. I have lost all confidence in whom I am. I refuse to take pain pills and the nerve medicine they wanted me to continue on. I was a wardrobe stylist @ Nordstrom and worked on the TV show Nashville. I will never be able to work like this again. I am much worse off today than I was before the surgery. The pain in back is like I never even had the surgery, I just gained nerve damage in leg and foot from surgery.

August 17th, 2016
My experience with Dr. Scott Standard was the most professional, comforting, and pain relieving of any former back surgeon's that I have allowed to perform surgery on me. Dr. Standard not only performed the necessary surgical intervention, but went beyond the original scope of what he anticipated, and cleaned up a lot of additional bone spurs while he had me open, to prevent any future problems.

July 27th, 2016
saved my daughter
Dr Standard was one of the doctors who saved my daughters life. if it had not been for him I would likely have lost her. I can never thank him enough. a wonderful doctor

March 4th, 2016
Back surgery
My surgery did nothing for me. Actually I now have neuropathy in my feet and legs. I still can't walk and have major difficulties standing, sitting or laying. Dr. Standard is very kind but his office staff is horrific. They are extremely rude. Also, will answer questions like they are the doctor then be completely different from what the nurse or him will tell you.

January 16th, 2016
Best Neurosurgeon in the South
Dr. Standard saved my life. He is a talented and gifted neurosurgeon. He takes time with me at every visits and really listens.

June 11th, 2015
No communication
Dr standard is an excellent surgeon, but has forgotten he is a doctor first. He will say a few sentences and walk out saying he will be right back and never returns.if you don't know the right questions to ask he does not volunteer anything about what is happening before or after surgery . His "staff" will sometimes answer questions but it's not the same as talking directly to him. He has two people that answer phones set up appt's. ,etc who get very annoyed if you ask questions of them and they will not put you thru to him. If you ask for prescriptions for anything they treat you like you're a dope addict! It's very degrading. He needs to get rid of them and remember his roots..after all he is supposed to be a dr first not just a surgeon !

April 30th, 2015
DR. SCOTT STANDARD IS ONE OF THE MOST COMPASSIONATE DR.S THAT I'VE THE PLEASURE OF BEING HIS PATIENT.. I TOLD HIM AT ONE TIME HE WAS A MIRACLE THAT GOD PUT HERE TO FIX PEOPLE. AFTER HE DONE BOTH OF MY NECK SURGERIES I DIDN'T HAVE ANY PROBLEMS OR SET BACKS AT ALL. I WENT FROM HAVING CONSTANT PAIN TO HAVING NO PAIN AT ALL AND STILL TODAY I HAVE NO PROBLEMS. GREAT GREAT DOCTOR. I'LL RECOMMEND HIM TO ANYONE.

September 15th, 2014
Unruptured aneurysm
Dr. Standard saved my life. He is an extremely talented and intelligent neurosurgeon. After reading some negative comments about him, I wanted to post a more accurate depiction of the truth. If you want a friend, then I suggest you get one. If you want a therapist, then hire one. If you want a great neurosurgeon, then see Dr. Standard. To be clear for those that seem confused, he is a neurosurgeon which means he does not have time to hear your life story, be your best friend, or be your therapist. I am often surprised by the reviews I see posted for phenomenal doctors. People the man is an Ivy League educated neurosurgeon! He is busy saving lives. After getting diagnosed with an aneurysm, Dr. Standard explained my diagnosis and treatment options clearly and concisely. Somehow he made one of the most difficult decisions of my life easy to make. There is no other Dr. I would have trusted with my brain. Dr. Standard came highly recommended and I was not disappointed by him...after all..I'm still alive.

September 7th, 2012
Great Surgeon
Would definitely recommend him to anyone who needs a neurosurgeon!!

May 5th, 2010
The right guy in the right place at the right time.....
Imagine my perspective on life and what was going on with me, due to the brain tumor I had been carrying around since birth. Dr. Standard removed the cyst, and walked me through the recovery process, step by step. This is one smart guy. I would not let anyone else poke around in my loft.......and if I need additional attention in the future, I am returning to Dr. Standard.

March 9th, 2009
Outstanding practitioner. Caring, professional and a skilled surgeon. He's not perfect but is as close to perfection that any human can be. I would not trust my cervical spine to anyone else.