Dr. Scott Standard Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Scott Standard?

July 29th, 2017

Total BS

Referred to him by St. Thomas neurologist. He told me he could replace the old stainless steel ISOLA screws and I had 80% chance to be pain free.. After a bone scan he acted like I was ZIP. The bone scan shows a fractured sacrum and loose screw /hardware failure . He is a CLOWN.

March 13th, 2017

Excellent care

Very thorough and precise. Had to back surgeries with him. Would return again if the need arose.

January 18th, 2017

GREAT EXPERIENCE, NECK SURGERY

Dr. Standard has performed two surgeries on my neck - great results.

January 16th, 2017

Fantastic and caring. My son had excellent care from Dr. standard

September 26th, 2016

Failed Back Surgery

Dr. Standard performed surgery on me one year ago. I woke up screaming on the table. I was told to have bed rest first couple of weeks then to start walking for 30mins daily. When I called and spoke with the staff about how bad my pain was 3 weeks later they told me to go back on bed rest for several more weeks till I was scheduled for my 6 week check up. Apparently, Dr Standard never ordered that & had no clue what I was talking about. His resolution for my failed surgery was to do more shots & pills. He scheduled a follow up MRI then charged me for it even tho I was told everything was covered 3 months post surgery. His office staff also started another chart on me @ my 6 week check up so I was in system twice so at follow up he didn't even know who I was and told me I would have to have another MRI & when I asked aside from the one he had me do 2 weeks previous he got upset with me like it was my fault when he went outside in hall way and figured out they started two charts. I specifically asked girl up front why are you asking for all of my info again, I've never had to do this before. The girl assured me she had my chart, she was just updating everything, so I went along with it. I now have nerve damage down my whole left leg into my second toe. I will never go back to another surgeon as long as I live. I lost my second toe nail from the nerve damage. I have lost all confidence in whom I am. I refuse to take pain pills and the nerve medicine they wanted me to continue on. I was a wardrobe stylist @ Nordstrom and worked on the TV show Nashville. I will never be able to work like this again. I am much worse off today than I was before the surgery. The pain in back is like I never even had the surgery, I just gained nerve damage in leg and foot from surgery.

August 17th, 2016

My experience with Dr. Scott Standard was the most professional, comforting, and pain relieving of any former back surgeon's that I have allowed to perform surgery on me. Dr. Standard not only performed the necessary surgical intervention, but went beyond the original scope of what he anticipated, and cleaned up a lot of additional bone spurs while he had me open, to prevent any future problems.

July 27th, 2016

saved my daughter

Dr Standard was one of the doctors who saved my daughters life. if it had not been for him I would likely have lost her. I can never thank him enough. a wonderful doctor

January 16th, 2016

Best Neurosurgeon in the South

Dr. Standard saved my life. He is a talented and gifted neurosurgeon. He takes time with me at every visits and really listens.

June 11th, 2015

No communication

Dr standard is an excellent surgeon, but has forgotten he is a doctor first. He will say a few sentences and walk out saying he will be right back and never returns.if you don't know the right questions to ask he does not volunteer anything about what is happening before or after surgery . His "staff" will sometimes answer questions but it's not the same as talking directly to him. He has two people that answer phones set up appt's. ,etc who get very annoyed if you ask questions of them and they will not put you thru to him. If you ask for prescriptions for anything they treat you like you're a dope addict! It's very degrading. He needs to get rid of them and remember his roots..after all he is supposed to be a dr first not just a surgeon !

April 30th, 2015

DR. SCOTT STANDARD IS ONE OF THE MOST COMPASSIONATE DR.S THAT I'VE THE PLEASURE OF BEING HIS PATIENT.. I TOLD HIM AT ONE TIME HE WAS A MIRACLE THAT GOD PUT HERE TO FIX PEOPLE. AFTER HE DONE BOTH OF MY NECK SURGERIES I DIDN'T HAVE ANY PROBLEMS OR SET BACKS AT ALL. I WENT FROM HAVING CONSTANT PAIN TO HAVING NO PAIN AT ALL AND STILL TODAY I HAVE NO PROBLEMS. GREAT GREAT DOCTOR. I'LL RECOMMEND HIM TO ANYONE.

September 15th, 2014

Unruptured aneurysm

Dr. Standard saved my life. He is an extremely talented and intelligent neurosurgeon. After reading some negative comments about him, I wanted to post a more accurate depiction of the truth. If you want a friend, then I suggest you get one. If you want a therapist, then hire one. If you want a great neurosurgeon, then see Dr. Standard. To be clear for those that seem confused, he is a neurosurgeon which means he does not have time to hear your life story, be your best friend, or be your therapist. I am often surprised by the reviews I see posted for phenomenal doctors. People the man is an Ivy League educated neurosurgeon! He is busy saving lives. After getting diagnosed with an aneurysm, Dr. Standard explained my diagnosis and treatment options clearly and concisely. Somehow he made one of the most difficult decisions of my life easy to make. There is no other Dr. I would have trusted with my brain. Dr. Standard came highly recommended and I was not disappointed by him...after all..I'm still alive.

March 18th, 2013