Dr. Scott Stengel MD Patient Reviews

• Pain Management Leesburg, FL

• Good
  • Bad

July 1st, 2016
Quick and long-laslting pain relief
I have experienced excruciating sciatica and other lower back pain at intervals for years. Dr. Stengel has been able to eliminate the pain very quickly, usually with a single visit for an injection in or near the affected spinal nerves. The relief is almost miraculous. I am then pain- free for many months, or a year, without needing so much as a Tylenol. He does not advise a long series of treatments or consultations. He simply locates the pain, visualizes the area, injects it and I go home immensely relieved. In my view, that is the ideal way to treat back pain, simple, quick, and long-lasting. His Columbia University credentials are most impressive and his long, clinical experience contributes to his great skill.

April 12th, 2016
out of pain before I left the office and it did not hurt.

March 21st, 2016
Careful with this one
A man with short fuse . Treated me for a couple yrs and then dumped me due to an incorrect report . Looked me in the eye and said there is nothing wrong with you . ( knowing he had reports, xrays that clearly showed otherwise or why would he have treated me .. )

March 25th, 2015
AWESOME EXPERIENCE
AFTER READING A REVIEW WRITTEN TODAY, I ALSO WANTED TO SAY THAT I TOO HAD A GREAT EXPERIENCE WITH DR. STENGEL'S OFFICE. VERY INVITING STAFF, DR. WAS VERY PLEASANT, EXPLAINED EVERYTHING & ANSWERED ALL QUESTIONS!! I DID NOT FEEL RUSHED AT ALL!! I GOT MY INJECTION THE FOLLOWING DAY & AGAIN HAD A GOOD EXPERIENCE & PAIN FREE!!!! I CAN NOT SAY ENOUGH ABOUT THIS OFFICE FROM BEGINNING TO END!! THANK YOU DR. STENGEL FOR GIVING MY LIFE BACK!!!

March 25th, 2015
Great Doctor/Great Staff
While I am the first to tell you, I never really have any feelings one way or another about the physicians or businesses I encounter. I have had a very pleasant experience at this office. The staff is very outgoing and not stuffy like in some offices that slam a window in your face. The doctor always explains what he's doing during the procedure. And although there is no guarantee that the treatments will help (as with all medical procedures), I was very fortunate to have gotten great pain relief from the epidurals I received. Overall wonderful experience.

January 19th, 2015
Sterile procedure absent. Antiquated eqipmement. Would not answer questions. Acted like I was bothering him

August 7th, 2014
Compassionate, Caring, doctor
Dr Stengel is a wonderful doctor. He will LISTEN and spend time with you. I have been seeing him for nine years and I never fail to get relief from my pain. He makes the injections almost painless and tells you everything he is doing. I have recommended him to several people, and will continue to do so. I personally would not want anyone else to treat my pain.

October 25th, 2012
PAIN FREE AT LAST!!!
I WAS REFERRED TO DR.STENGEL FOR PAIN MANAGEMENT, I HAVE NOW HAD A SERIES OF EPIDURAL INJECTIONS & NOW AM PAIN FREE! I WOULD LIKE TO SAY THAT I WAS VERY MUCH IMPRESSED WITH DR. STENGEL & HIS STAFF, I COULD NOT HAVE ASK FOR A BETTER EXPERIENCE. THANK YOU DR. STENGEL & STAFF!!

June 28th, 2012
What was wrong with Dr. Stengel
I went to Dr Stengel for years and felt he was good because he helped my pain and serviced my morphine pump. Everthing seemed to be good until there was a problem with a growth in my spine at the end of the morphine lead. It was discovered and the pump needed to be removed. I have now discovered that Dr. Stengel had given me a higher dose of morphine then he should have and that it is probably what caused the growth to begin with. He also reduced the morphine so quickly that I went into morphine withdrawl. He had made the comment that not everyone goes into withdrawal when he reduced it but my new doctor was not at all surprised that I went into withdrawl. In case you have never experienced this is involved, freezing, goose bumps, then fever and sweating, nausea, vomiting, loss of appitite, stomach pain, heart racing, feeling like there was a band around my chest and them feeling like there was a hard ball in the center of my chest. After three weeks of this I am finally over the worst but still on some morphine that my new doctor will reduce slowly. Until I discovered that the treatment I was getting from Dr. Stengel was causing me more problems than it was worth I liked him and even suggest some friends go to him. Now I wouldn't let him treat my dog.

October 13th, 2011
Good Doctor
I was seen today by Dr. Stengal who fit me into his packed schdedule.I found him to be competent, cordial, and professional. He has a pleasant "bed side" manner and diagnosed my back problems with a suggestion on treatment. I did have to wait over an hour but that was only because he fit me into his schedule and I was told I may have to wait longer than usual. I do admit that after reading some of these reviews, I almost called and cancelled. I'm glad I didn't.

April 21st, 2011
I think it's time he finds a new profession
Only one member of his staff is great. And the person who said he is only in it for the money was right. His level of caring and professionalism has really gone down hill.

February 3rd, 2011