Dr. Scott Szabo MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

June 6th, 2017
Professional
Dr. Szabo was very much right to the point of my shoulder problem. Not a lot of small talk, just truthful and professional. This is what people should want in a MD.

August 12th, 2016
Dr. Szabo is a complete joke
Was mandatory to see this pile of crap for a workers compensation ime exam. Funny thing was I had a surgery appointment setup a few weeks later with one of best orthopedic surgeons in the region. Dr.szabo didn't know that and of course went along and did his tests. While doing then he made sure to ignore everything including all the papers from my rehab and prior doctors and surgeries. Before going into the room I did my research and knew what he looked like. While entering the room I watched him sit in the corner hall eyes stuck to his cell phone like a 16 year child. I sat in the room for 15 mins before he came in. When checking my range and mobility I had told him to stop and he kept pulling. I literally had to raise my tone to get him to stop. I will advise that if you need to see him for a independent medical exam you bring a witness or have an attorney request a recorded appointment. This doctor should be barred from doing anything medical related. I would also like to include the whole staff is very unprofessional. The nurse assistants and the xray technicians are very unprofessional. The young lady doing xrays seemed to have a problem bad mouthing another patient who was before me. Wish anyone who has to see him good luck and have an attorney for you will need. If you're looking to find a new orthopedic doctor I would stay far away from him.

July 19th, 2016
Do not expect DR.SZABO to spend much time with you , have all the questions you want answers to all ready,you will be in and out of their before you know it.I went their for a knee problem he recommended the roster comb shot or synvisc one the only problem is he has two different two different physician assistant giving the shot,one is Zach the other is scott,if you get Zach you will be ok but if you get scott you are in trouble,has a bad attitude,I had a set back and he asked me why should we keep treating you if you are going to keep injuring yourself,things went down hill from their can't prove it but I know he injected me with ice water. GOOD LUCK!

December 22nd, 2015
very rude doctor was in a hurry and did not listen to a word i was saying ....would not suggest him to anyone !!!!!

May 28th, 2015
Fantastic Doctor
I have had several surgeries with Dr. Szabo, everyone successful. He has always been prompt, courteous, and very informative.

March 10th, 2015
Good Experience
I had a good experience with this doctor. I found his diagnosis easy to understand, he always asked me if I had any questions, and he did good repair work. I'd easily recommend him to a friend and/or go back to him if i had to.

March 2nd, 2015
Very arrogant. Waited 45 minutes for him. He was in the room for MAYBE 5 minutes, was ready to leave when he entered the room. He spoke so fast, we could hardly understand him. Before he even read the x-ray, he said I needed surgery. Wouldn't let him do surgery on my worst enemy. We will go somewhere else.

June 30th, 2014
Wants to take shortcuts
I went to see Dr. Szabo because I was referred to him by my HMO - I was terrified after reading his reviews and meeting him. He spent 5 minutes with me, diagnosed me with a meniscal tear and wanted to cut it out leaving me with no cushion in my knee. I went and saw another doctor downtown for a second opinion and he said that Dr. Szabo was essentially being lazy and that albeit a bit difficult, that my meniscus could be repaired successfully. I felt like I dodged a bullet because my second opinion told me that cutting out the meniscus leads to early arthritis. After dumping Dr. Szabo and having surgery to repair my meniscus at UPMC, I fully recovered and now felt phenomenal! Please stay away or at the least get a second opinion!

June 27th, 2014
I found Dr. Szabo to arrogant, discourteous, and without the ability to listen to anything I said. He spent the majority of my appointments on the cell phone. He would stop mid sentence to check his text messages. My last appointment he simply walked out in the middle of my wife asking questions trying to understand what he was saying. I would not recommend Dr. Szabo to anyone under any circumstance.

April 8th, 2014
This man is bought and paid for by the Insurance company. I had to go to this man for an IME for work. He had a very smug demeanor , and not for one second cared about me as a patient. The only thing this man is worried about is the money he receives from the insurance to line his bulging pockets !!!!

August 6th, 2013
Great Doctor
I read reviews about Dr. Szabo after my inital appointment and I was concerned. I asked the nurses, aides, and staff if the reviews of Dr. Szabo were accurate. All I could really get out of them is that he's good at his profession and not a pill prescriber. He accurately diagnosed my meniscus tear, prepared me for surgery mentally, and finally performed it with amazing results. I had 65% of my meniscus removed and had ZERO pain after the surgery. Within two weeks I was back to normal activity. Also, while waiting for the operating room to be prepared Dr. Szabo came to watch TV with me while we both waited for the operation, which meant a lot to me. He's a great surgeon.

April 27th, 2012
God complex lacking bedside manners!
I had to beg him 3 times for a MRI and finally after 8 weeks of physical therapy and tortuous pain I demanded one. He said to return in 2 months and when I asked about pain he said "I don't do pain" I cried and he came at me and said what do you want me to put you in the hospital right now and operate on you? Come to find out I did have 2 high-grade tears in my rotator cuff like I had told him in the beginning! Total jerk!