Dr. Scott Teitelbaum MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.2
  • 14 reviews

January 15th, 2017
I can understand how Dr. T is a polarizing figure. His demeanor may not be for everyone. He is no-nonsense and tells it like it is. If you want to live in denial and continue being a victim, this place is not for you. If you want to take an honest look at your past, deal with it, and start to recover, then I can't imagine a better place. Saved my life.

August 21st, 2016
Florida Recovery Center
He really cares and spends time with you. He doesn't look down his nose at you like many other doctors do; he's VERY empathetic because he knows first hand his patients' struggles.

July 25th, 2016
Terrible Doctor

May 21st, 2016
He has ruined many lives
Dr. Teitelbaum is a pediatrician by training, who subsequently became addicted to various substances and, like many impaired physicians, went into a second career as an addiction specialist. His "treatment" does not address any of the underlying psychological problems that addicted patients may have. Without exaggeration, he has ruined many lives.

April 6th, 2016
The Emperor has no clothes
The only "remarkable" thing about this man is that he has not been publicly exposed for the fraud that he is and had his license revoked for gross negligence and violations of the Hippocratic oath. His 'treatment' center's program is based in shame and intimidation. You can expect to be publicly humiliated and called a liar; ironically, often clients have to make up stories to account for the "lie" they are accused of. God help anyone who ends up at the hands of this sadistic megalomaniac; if you didn't already have psychological or emotional trauma, you will by the time you leave. An absolute disgrace to medicine and the principles of recovery. Sadly, most of the remaining staff at FRC recognize him for the sadistic quack that he is, but they're too fearful of retaliation to act on it.

March 28th, 2016
This "addictions specialist" is a child in a man's body. He admits he was a heavy crack user. He still has all the character defects of a crackhead. Petty, insecure, and vindictive. I don't understand how he still has a medical license. This "doctor" is a worst threat now as a practicing physician than he was while high on crack. Do not go to Florida Recovery Center, where he is the main "addiction specialist"

January 16th, 2016
Dr T is remarkable. FRC helped changed my life.

November 29th, 2015
Honest, no nonsense kind of physician. He also saved my life.

November 13th, 2015
Shame on Shands UF
I am so saddened to see the reviews here and to find myself writing this. Comments like "berate and humiliate," and "a dark and horrible place," echo my own experience with Teitelbaum all too well. While I (barely) stop short of calling him Hitler, "fascist" is a very accurate description, as are "megalomaniac," and "evil". I also cried during my entire stay there, day and night. I became suicidal while at FRC; the year after I was there, a 28-year old client there died when she stepped in front of a truck. Out of respect for her family, I won't post her name here, but this was published in the local paper. This should give you a glimpse of the kind of soul-crushing, abject desperation that Teitelbaum and his staff create at FRC. If you haven't lived it, you can't imagine the unbearable sadness I experienced there... and I hope you never, ever can. It's cruel and completely demoralizing. Ignoring serious allegations of repeated, systematic psychological abuse is inexcusable and unforgivable. The idea that Shands UF would participate in removing reviews warning consumers about the dire emotional and financial consequences others experienced is beyond shameful, it's unconscionable.

November 1st, 2015
He loves to humiliate and degrade you in front of anyone that listens. Have the time I see him falling asleep when other people are talking. He should be kicked out of UF and loose his license. I would never recommend FRC. I would rec. HCC, they are compassionate and want to see clients change there lives. Plus my diagnosis was so far off, get rid of him!!!

October 29th, 2015
Shame not recovery at FRC
Scott's addiction treatment methods are antiquated. I've been to both HCC and FRC. Please avoid FRC at all costs! HCC and their doctors made me better. You have to walk through it but they are compassionate and remember their personal struggles with addiction. Scott has a god complex and has forgotten where he came from. He mowed lawns when he lost his medical license but it certainly didn't humble him. He has no empathy just embarrasses and shames his patients. If your a woman, please avoid at all costs. I see him for what he is and actually feel bad for him. It must be a miserable existence to have so much anger. The staff at FRC had not had a CME or addiction training class in over 50 years! Either they are young and clueless or should retire. Scott's nurse is a complete control freak who feeds into Scott's huge ego. Please go to HCC if you want to get better. I'm happy now, and living in recovery. I would have never gotten to this place if I believed a word Scott said about me. Scott, humble yourself and take some CMEs on addiction and individualized your treatment plans to the patient. I will give him some credit for sucking up to PRN, IPN and he is a pretty good public speaker. That's about it. Go to HCC if you want the tools to live in recovery! I wonder if UF is really taking a look at all this feedback about Scott. Instead of trying to stop free speech why don't they take a look a the real problem: Dr. T.

October 20th, 2015
A dark, mean and horrible place.
Avoid Dr. Teitelbaum at all costs. He did nothing but berate and humiliate me and all other patients at FRC. His ego requires he "beats" patients down until they must submit. His style is arrogant, pejorative, mean, nasty, authoritarian, and--(I had to say it) "fascist." I cried for 3 months as my bank account was drained. I could have found a place where I learned and healed in those three months, rather than felt I was in prison. The only thing I learned was that I will NEVER treat my patients the way Dr. Teitelbaum treated his.