Dr. Scott Teitelbaum Is this you?

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Scott Teitelbaum?

September 28th, 2017

Monster

Negative comments here are periodically deleted. This man deserves to be in jail.

September 11th, 2017

Had to play the game

I was basically forced to attend FRC if I wanted to keep my medical license. I am not an addict or alcoholic. The initial evaluation cost $3500 , was a week long , and by the end of the week they have checked enough boxes on their list to deem you " a danger to practice medicine " so you really have no choice. You basically pay $3500 for a hair test which will show any substance you take in the past 90 days . They will treat a moderate drinker the same as a heroine addict. Someone who smokes pot twice a month the same as a cocaine addict. Any involvement you have had with a substance, and you are an addict. You must stay at least 90 days and attended AA meetings constantly. You will say your are an " addict or alcoholic " constantly even if you are not. It was a big game for me. Did I need to attend this place to get and stay sober ? Not really , but they will tell you differant . They lied to my wife of 20 yrs and my parents, who know I'm not an addict or alcoholic. I honestly wish I would have just left FRC after my evaluation , came home , got a lawyer, and fought this . At least there would be some peace inside myself about following the truth and fighting for it. I'm now labeled an addict . I can't begin to tell you about all the dominoes that fell after my 3 month stay . It's been awful and cost me tens of thousands of dollars. My wife and family are still together however and support me. I'm sober because of a drug test I take twice a month, not because of AA or FRC. I have more difficulty dealing with the trauma FRC caused than problems with drugs or alcohol. I constantly had to make up stories about drugs and drinking to get through the program, I truly did not understand or relate to many stories I heard about drugs. Most of the staff are OK . Dr T is a narsisist and a recovering adidict. He didn't bother me because I played his game. I didn't need to be at FRC and treated for the disease of addiction . I was misdiagnosed with this disease . Can you image a physician who diagnosed diabetes in a non-diabetic and started giving insulin shots ? It would cause some damage and that MD would be " a danger to practice medicine " . Well , this happens at FRC . Just my honest opinion .

August 4th, 2017

Avoid at all costs

Scott and FRC are not healthy or professional. This is a company that utilizes gaslighting and triangulation on patients and family members of patient who are desperate to save them and play to their fears. I like many others who went to FRC experienced trauma there. Please know that there are effective and professional treatment programs - most are for 28 days, not 60, not 90. Also whenever a treatment center does not allow you and your family to speak freely and privately is a huge red flag. FRC is a racket plain and simple - even more tragic is that it's a racket being run by an unqualified unprofessional narcissist.

July 22nd, 2017

Worst nightmare ever

Yes, he is a complete tyrant. Shands tries to make him look compassionate and that drug addicts have "personality disorders" and can't be trusted. So many years later the affects of what he did play a role in my medical treatment. So, when will he take responsibility for all his wrongs? How can so many people say the same thing be wrong - they aren't - florida made a grave error in giving him a license after he lost it in another state.

June 27th, 2017

FRAUDULENT CONARTIST

May 3rd, 2017

Epic failure

This MD has no business treating any kind of living being.

February 23rd, 2017

Scott Teitelbaum R*PES WOMEN, mentally (but probably physically too)

Scott Teitelbaum is a huge p*ick to say the least. I've never met a person who says he cares about his patients so much but degrades and humiliates them any chance he gets. Scott plays games on his phone while "listening" to his patients. His smug, mono-toned, degrading, sexist voice is only used to expound his ego and humiliate his patients. He forces patients to stay and pay more money by holding their professional licenses over their head and making up bullsh*t excuses for why they need to stay longer.

January 15th, 2017

I can understand how Dr. T is a polarizing figure. His demeanor may not be for everyone. He is no-nonsense and tells it like it is. If you want to live in denial and continue being a victim, this place is not for you. If you want to take an honest look at your past, deal with it, and start to recover, then I can't imagine a better place. Saved my life.

August 21st, 2016

Florida Recovery Center

He really cares and spends time with you. He doesn't look down his nose at you like many other doctors do; he's VERY empathetic because he knows first hand his patients' struggles .

July 25th, 2016

Terrible Doctor

May 22nd, 2016

He has ruined many lives

Dr. Teitelbaum is a pediatrician by training, who subsequently became addicted to various substances and, like many impaired physicians, went into a second career as an addiction specialist. His "treatment" does not address any of the underlying psychological problems that addicted patients may have. Without exaggeration, he has ruined many lives.

March 28th, 2016

This "addictions specialist" is a child in a man's body. He admits he was a heavy crack user. He still has all the character defects of a crackhead. Petty, insecure, and vindictive. I don't understand how he still has a medical license. This "doctor" is a worst threat now as a practicing physician than he was while high on crack. Do not go to Florida Recovery Center, where he is the main "addiction specialist"