A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Scott Tunis:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Scott Tunis, Ophthalmologist, Eye Physician and Surgeon is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Scott Tunis, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Cataract Surgery
- Corneal Transplantation
- LASIK (Laser In Situ Keratomileusis)
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
- Refractive Surgical Procedures
Education & Awards
Dr. Tunis graduated from University of Virginia, Charlottesville. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Tunis has 2 hospital affiliations:
- New Hanover Regional M.C.
- Cape Fear Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Scott W Tunis MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 30 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology and Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Scott W. Tunis practice?
- Dr. Scott Tunis has 3 office locations.
Dr. Scott Tunis practices Ophthalmology and Surgery near Wilmington, NC.
See Wilmington Ophthalmologists and Wilmington Surgeons.