A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Scott Ulmer:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Scott Ulmer is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Scott Ulmer, MD is board certified in Hematology and Medical Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 10 areas:
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Ulmer graduated from Oregon Health & Science University, Portland. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Ulmer has 18 hospital affiliations:
- Methodist Specialty & Transplant Hospital
- Methodist Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Ulmer accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 2 plans
- Superior Health Plan - 6 plans
- Scott and White Health Plan - 2 plans
- Cigna - 14 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Scott C. Ulmer practice?
Dr. Scott Ulmer practices Internal Medicine, Hematology & Oncology, Hematology, and Medical Oncology near San Antonio, TX.
Additional practice locations include: Boerne, TX.
See San Antonio Internists, San Antonio Oncologists, and San Antonio Hematologists.