Dr. Scott Vasconcellos MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

September 15th, 2016
Dr. V saved my life
Dr. Vasoncellos (Dr. V) happened to be the doctor at Marshall Hospital when I went in with chest pains. His prompt and accurate diagnosis may well have saved my life. I was immediately transferred to a hospital in Sacramento where I received 3 stints. I have been seeing him ever since and am doing fine. He is a nice man who really cares and is very professional.

September 10th, 2013
Virginia Patient
Dr. Vasconcellos is a caring and very accurate with his diagnosis. He spent time explaining my diagnosis to me and his after care visits were also caring and informative. HE SAVED MY LIFE. Once all diagnostics were in he called me and we had surgery set in two days.

March 20th, 2013
Good doctor who can make you feel at ease.
Good personality, Very intelligent, knows his stuff.

December 27th, 2011
Incompetent
I had an intermittent severe rapid heartbeat condition that left me semi-disabled for hours and sometimes days at a time. Dr. Vasconcellos was at a loss to tell me how to treat it. Then months later a family practioner type doctor prescribed Atenolol - a beta blocker drug which cured my rapid heart problem. I am furious that Dr. Vasconcellos was not competent enough to recommend this common drug for rapid heartbeat. I could have died due to his incompetence.

January 17th, 2011
His medical staff and records dept. is horrible. Good luck getting RX. transferred or information giving to anyone involved in billing.

January 4th, 2011
Very competent & extremely caring
I have been associated with Doctors as a health care professional myself. I have been extremely satisfied with the doctor and his staff in all areas. He sent me to a different speccialist twice to try to get an answer to my challenges. I found no fault in his treatment and diagnosis and found him to be a shining example of caring, ease of access and bedside manner. I will be pleased to keep him as my cardiologist as long as I need one. He is one I could enjoy as a friend and hope to be able to work with him as a fellow healthcare giver.

September 2nd, 2010
Not a Competent or Caring Doctor
My chronic rapid heart beat problems were severe and left me unable to perform daily activities much of the time. Dr. Vasconcellos gave me only 5 minutes of office time to listen to my severe problem, then ordered basic heart tests which I mostly passed and then he said I have a healthy heart and should simply try to live and accept a 100-120 beats per minute resting heartbeat! So young 30-something Dr. Vasconcellos appears to be simply interested in seeing 6 patients an hour to generate maximum income and could care less about diagnosing and fixing debilitating heart problems or telling patients where else they should go to find solutions to their difficult to diagnose and solve problems.