A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Scott Cowan:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Scott Cowan is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
- He has special expertise in 18 areas:
- Barrett Esophagus
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Esophageal Achalasia
- Esophagus Cancer (Esophogeal Neoplasm)
- Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Lung Cancer
- Mediastinum Cancer (Mediastinal Neoplasm)
- Mesothelioma (Asbestos-related Cancer)
- Pneumonectomy (Lung removal)
- Swallowing disorder (Deglutition Disorder)
- Thymus Gland Removal (Thymectomy)
- Thymus Tumor (Thymoma)
- Tracheal Stenosis
Education & Awards
Dr. Cowan graduated from Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Cowan has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
- Methodist Hospital
- Methodist Hospital Division of Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Cowan accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Unicare - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Independence Blue Cross - 2 plans
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey - 4 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Humana - 3 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 5 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Scott W. Cowan practice?
Dr. Scott Cowan practices Surgery near Philadelphia, PA.
Additional practice locations include: Glenside, PA.
See Philadelphia Surgeons.