Dr. Scott Mcgee Is this you?

2.5

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Scott Mcgee?

Stay away

Posted on July 8th, 2015

I am writing this on behalf of my father, since he's no longer around to speak for himself. When his prostate cancer came back, McGee did a round of scans and tests and put him on a pill since chemo and radiation were no longer options. My dad had monthly checks and during the 8 months he was being treated by this "doctor" and despite many complaints and increased symptoms, he was never sent for more testing but only told to keep taking this expensive, special pharmaceutical pill. In the end, Dad's cancer spread to the bone and liver and had a PSA of 585 all while under this "doctor's" care. His office wasn't even the one who discovered the metastasis. The ER did days before he passed. Please seek a second opinion and stay clear from this man.

Posted on June 30th, 2015

I found Dr. McGee to be very professional and also approachable. He provided me with all the time that I needed as I was learning about the condition that I am dealing with. He was personal and offered good advice and comparative alternatives. An overall good experience. I was sorry that he is no longer affiliated with the Hematology and Oncology group at Akron General.

Posted on June 29th, 2012

Dr. McGee keeps things short and sweet, but genuinely seems to care. I feel the time issue is do to the amount of time some customers expect him to spend with them. This is a doctor visit not a social hour . Patients need to be respectful of other patients time. Being cordial is fine, but you are there for medical reasons...get to it!! I try to write my concerns down before my visit so I get the answers I need and he does not have to spend extra time with me while I try to think of what I want to know. Give it a try!

Posted on April 30th, 2012

Dr.Scott McGee is very rude. His staff was very pleasant. He should not be a doctor! I suggest anyone looking for a hematologist to stay away from him!

Posted on November 5th, 2017