Dr. Scott Snyder MD Patient Reviews

3.3
  • 6 reviews

August 24th, 2016
Dr. Snyder is a great doctor. However, since changing locations, and using an entirely new office staff I'm sad to say I am looking for another physician. The new receptionist overcharged me, and when I questioned the billing she said I missed a appointment, then lowered the price, but still said I missed an appointment. The said appointment I was charged for was a few weeks apart from a prior appointment. I would expect someone who works with medical billing for a specialist would know Dr. Snyder doesn't ever schedule my appointments that close together, and insurance would not cover it. To make matters worse, I spoke with the office manager in front of a waiting room full of patients- how is this a good business practice? The manager even confirmed it was odd to schedule that closely, and it could be an error, but wouldn't give me my money back. I have seen Dr. Snyder for years, and he is a great doctor, but if a office manager can't see billing issue, and chooses too make the entire practice/ patients aware of my billing concerns I will never come back.

January 19th, 2015
Great, Caring Doctor
Dr. Snyder is such a sweet man. He's very caring, open minded, and gave informative, wise advice. I always left my sessions feeling better and understood. I no longer live in the city where he practices, but when I moved and couldn't find a new psychiatrist accepting new patients, Dr. Snyder was willing to make accommodations for our appointments with alternating phone, and in-person visits. I would definitely recommend him as a psychiatrist to anyone looking in Athens.

December 5th, 2014
Good luck making an appointment.
I called the office to make an appointment around 4 PM on a weekday. I was left with an answering machine that instructed me to leave a message, and messages left after 4 PM would be addressed the following day. I left a message, but was not called back the next day. I tried calling again around 1:30 PM but learned that they close the office every day for a TWO HOUR lunch break. Today is Friday and I just tried calling again but they close the office at noon on Fridays. Must be nice working in an office that's closed the majority of the week.

July 19th, 2014
Dr. Synder can seem a bit curt at first, but I've seen him for years, and he actually has a very dry sense of humor. He's very knowledgable about the medications he's prescribing, takes time to listen to his patients, and his office staff is very willing to work with you if an emergency arises.

July 5th, 2014
Rude office staff and. he ineffective and mumbled. There was no concern with difficulty of dealing with his archaic office which does not have the ability to run a crefit card .

May 19th, 2014
I've been seeing Dr. Snyder for about 5 years, and I highly recommend him. I've never waited more than 10 minutes to be seen, and his staff is courteous and professional. Dr. Snyder listens to what's going on with me, trusts my input, is direct and to the point, and is clearly knowledgeable about what he's prescribing. Although he doesn't provide counseling, he worked with me to recommend counselors who accepted my insurance.