Dr. Scott Wachhorst MD Patient Reviews

3.9

August 15th, 2016
just sharing my experience. He didn't spend time explaining my situation. He was very late in responding to emails.

October 16th, 2015
THE best doctor ever

June 8th, 2015
C4, C5 Bone Spurs
Removal of bone spurs between C4 - C5 cervical

November 24th, 2014
I have had 2 surgeries with Dr Wachhorst. He was recommended to me by my Orthopedic Surgeon. When he came in for my recent neck surgery he was very chipper and it looked like he was looking forward to it. That was very comforting to me as he was going to be working on me for 6 hours and I wanted someone that enjoyed his work not someone that was just in it for the money. He did not push me to have the surgery and when I told him that I had had gotten a second opinion he told me that was an excellent idea. I have heard from others in the health care industry in the area that he is considered the best neurosurgeon in the area. His people skills may be somewhat lacking but he is an excellent surgeon which is what counts. I would recommend him to anyone that asks.

November 29th, 2010
Superb physician
Dr. Wachhorst performed emergency surgery on me when I began exhibiting signs of drop foot after several rounds of epidural injections over a 3 year period. He jumped through hoops to get me into surgery quickly and when I woke up I could feel my foot for the first time in six months as well as a dramatic reduction in my other symptoms. He has always been very conservative about recommended procedures, potential outcomes and my options. I highly recommend Dr. Wachhorst.

October 2nd, 2010
Nice guy, PHENOMENAL surgeon
First of all, I can't imagine who treated these patients, because it wasn't my surgeon. When I first came to Dr. Wachhorst, I was in such agonizing pain, I was non-functional. I could barely move and was not even able to eat or sleep. He did minimally invasive surgery on a severely herniated disc, and it was like a miracle had occurred (and I don't believe in them).Dr. Wachhorst got me in for an urgent appointment once he saw my MRI. He stayed later than usual that day (a Tuesday) even though it was his anniversary. He told me he'd do surgery on me that coming weekend (a Sunday). He and his former nurse, Shirley, then got me in on Thursday instead. So, life-changing surgery within 2 days of meeting the guy. And, he was so thoughtful, he even removed a splinter from my finger in addition to the actual procedure.I did reherniate my disc in the same location and had to have a second surgery a couple of years later. This was due to my overdoing things at work. I'd never trust anybody else to do back surgery on me.He couldn't be any more kind and pleasant, and he even gave me input on choosing another surgeon (for a totally different issue) when I requested it.True, the wait can be long, but I don't mind waiting for the best. I know he came through when I desperately needed help, so I'll cut him some slack in the waiting room.Also, he is a specialist, and his range doesn't tend to extend much beyond that. In other words, the focus will be on the reason you came to see him, and he'll send you back to your internist for any more general followup.He came highly recommended, and I can't count the number of success stories I've heard from other patients who also swear by him. Right after my first surgery, the nurse asked if it hurt too much to walk down the hall of the hospital. I looked at her like she was insane. "Are you kidding?! Not anymore. I haven't felt this great in months."

September 15th, 2010
Do you want the best result or do you want a best friend?
Dr. Wachhorst is absolutely the best there is. He may not be loaded with personality, but if I want a buddy, I'll call one of my friends. His technical skill and abilities are top notch, and I know what I'm talking about, since I am a health care professional with over 30 years of experience. Dr. Wachhorst has performed two surgeries on members of my family and both have had excellent results. He's the doctor's doctor, as many of the docs in the area self-refer to him.

August 29th, 2010
He may be the Best , but.....
He was an arrogant,aloof person. He may be the best in his field but really sucks at listening to and understanding the patients needs. He is a "Stiff" arrogant guy and when you mention something to him with normal everyday english language, he looks at you like your crazy and says... I'm not following you??? When he said that to me, I said you have to kidding me... My take is he wants you to be "clinical" when you speak to him. He would hardly describe the surgical procedure he would do. He is very condescending and can really care less about you as a person or a patient. He is there for the $$$$$$$$$$'s only. All I can say is good luck to the Doctor with the rest of his many years left to practice. Good thing he is with (PAMF)(SCMG)they will keep him in patients. Keeping that attitude will push patients away. Bad experiences usually travel very quickly by word of mouth. Stay away from this guy!

July 27th, 2010
Post surgery I immediately realized there was nerve damage done during operation; complete numbness of 50% of front of leg, frequent electric shocks down leg into foot. None of these symptoms ever left - since 2005. Cannot hardly walk. Tried swimming, yoga... cannot do anything. I do not recommend this surgeon under any circumstances. He denied my condition over and over again in post-op appts, pinching my leg hard to show I at least have SOME feeling. Awful experience. He even forgot my name.