A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Scott Westermeyer:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Scott Westermeyer is Excellent.
Specialties & Research
Dr. Scott Westermeyer, MD is board certified in Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Westermeyer graduated from East Tennessee State University, Johnson City.
Dr. Westermeyer has 11 hospital affiliations:
- Morgan Memorial Hospital
- Athens Regional Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Westermeyer accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Aetna - 1 plan
- AMERIGROUP - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Medical Mutual of Ohio - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Humana - 3 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia - 2 plans
- Anthem - 3 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama - 6 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Scott A. Westermeyer practice?
Dr. Scott Westermeyer practices Cardiovascular Disease near Opelika, AL.
Additional practice locations include: Athens, GA and Athens, AL.
See Opelika Cardiologists.