Internist
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Sep 16th, 2012

I hadn't had a general practitioner for over 10 years. Just couldn't find one that I really liked or even cared about. From my initial visit...i realized that I found a 'keeper' (a doctor that I really liked). Easy to talk too and makes me feel relaxed and open. I even look forward to my scheduled visits. Good doctor and even better person.Fred

|  Loyal Patient  |  show details
Jul 23rd, 2012

I have used Dr. Whittaker as my primary doctor for the past 10 years. I have recommended him to many friends, all of whom have been very happy. He is so easy to talk to, which is very important in a patient/doctor relationship. He really listens. I will continue to rely on him for many years to come.

|  Move on to the next practice!  |  show details
Apr 24th, 2012

Office staff is very rude. Dr. Whittaker kept my results and did not follow up until late in the afternoon the following day. Office locked the door at 4:30 and nurse kept my prescribed pain medication so I did not have anything for pain. He came recommended from a friend but I will not be going back. His bed side manner was poor and uncaring. Lab looked to be unclean, as well. Find another doctor and another practice!

|  Saved My Life and Marriage  |  show details
Mar 23rd, 2012

This man is AWESOME!! I suffered from post pardum depression and he literally carried me through it. He offered for me to speak with his wife, what doctor does that. He is amazing and I will never switch!! If I am clear across the country I will come see him first. My husband is stubborn as anything and Whittaker will meet him half way. Once my husband's solutions doesn't work (which is never) Dr. Whittaker's does. We are so blessed to have him in our lives and without him I would be truly dead.

|  Long time Patient  |  show details
Jul 22nd, 2011

I have been seeing Dr Whittaker for the entire time he has been with this practice. He has always been compassionate, caring and thorough. Unfortunately, I recently had to move 600 miles away, HOWEVER, because he IS so good, I have continued to see him, driving that distance in order to get the high quality care that he gives. Yes, I'm fortunate not to have serious medical conditions that require immediate attention and it's worth the time and effort it takes to get to his office.

Jun 6th, 2011

I drive from Lorton (where there are many Doctor's offices to Alexandria) to see Dr. Whittaker. I'm healthy but when I've been sick or had an accident, I was able to get an appt. same day. At one point when I had blood tests he called himself rather than having a nurse call to tell me the tests checked out fine. In my opinion he listens and takes time to ask questions/listens to the answers.

Apr 11th, 2011

Dr. Whittaker's dismissive manner led me to ignore important health issues until they were later properly diagnosed by other doctors. Do NOT use this doctor - no patient should have to feel the condescension with which he dismisses their concerns by saying, "it could be worse," nor the pain of late discovery that there actually was a real health issue that could have been discovered earlier were it not for his incompetence and arrogance. He has lost me as a patient.