Gastroenterologist (digestive)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Professional, to the point & funny. show details Professional, to the point & funny.
Sep 13th, 2016

I will NOT go to any other Gastroenterologist. I absolutely love my Doctor. Although he can be a pain in the butt! lol. The staff are great too! They love to get on the fun of things sometimes. Butt, I'm afraid when I wake up; what really happened down there. No pun intended!

Jan 8th, 2016

Incredibly informative. Spends as much time as you need.

Nope. show details Nope.
Nov 9th, 2015

Dr. Wilhoite was condescending to me and quite rude. He cut me off when I spoke and laughed at my questions. He didn't seem confident in his treatment. He literally said to me, "Well, your GP sent you here for a reason, so we can do a HIDA scan I guess. I don't know what else to do for you." He scheduled an endoscopy (NOT a HIDA scan) for me and never even mentioned an endoscopy to me at all. The practice is snooty. They give you pagers, as if you're waiting for a table at a crowded restaraunt, when you check in, and they take 1 to 2 weeks to call you back about scheduling appointments. When they finally do call back, the first available appointments are two months away. I asked once to switch doctors and the scheduling secretary harassed me for asking.

Aug 24th, 2015

Excellent Dr.

Highly recommend show details Highly recommend
by Connie Shiflett Wallace on Jul 21st, 2015

Outstanding Physician. Helped me unravel and successfully treat a very atypical G.I. problem. He never gave up until he found a solution. Really hears what his patient is saying. Intelligent and sensible with a comfortable, caring, bedside manner. Frames his explanations in terms a non-medical patient can understand. Dr. Wilhoite also treated my aged, debilitated Mother, a very complicated patient with lots of other medical conditions. He persisted with troubleshooting until he found a safer way to diagnose and treat her. She is now 85 and living a much higher quality life following his diagnosis and treatment. She was a very difficult case. Highly recommend.

not very caring show details not very caring
Jun 18th, 2014

Left many phone messages, tried to get followup appointment, never felt he had the time to answer my questions, appeared very rushed and not sincere. Office was very large and not personal .

Jun 7th, 2012

Some of the patients who have left Dr. Wilhoite have told me that their reason for changing doctors is that Dr Wilhoite can be moody and curt. Although this behavior has been noted a few times during our 15 years as his patient, Dr. Wilhoite becomes moody only when one of his patients (new or old) has a condition which most like will lead to that patient's imminent demise. My wife and I have been in the office or hospital at a time when he has to tell a patient he or she is dying, this breaks Dr. Wilhoite's heart and his innate kindness and empathy causes him distress. In these circumstances, the Doctor's behavior is often misinterpreted by others as moody or curt. This level of caring should be appreciated by patients and not a source of aggravation.

Wonderful! show details Wonderful!
Nov 5th, 2010

Dr. Wilhoite is an excellent doctor - very dedicated to me and my condition. He provided great care during my diagnosis and hospitalization. Highly recommend!

Best Doctor show details Best Doctor
by Karan Gooden on Aug 11th, 2010

I have problems with my stomach... Dr Wilhoite is the best at what he does..

Mar 15th, 2009

Excellent doctor who explains all test results and medical problems - especially in terms that understandable by everyone. He is extremely nice and makes me laugh (even when it hurts).

Jan 8th, 2009

EXCELLENT physician, but possibly one of the meanest people I've ever met.