Gastroenterologist (digestive)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Highly recommend show details Highly recommend
by Connie Shiflett Wallace on Jul 21st, 2015

Outstanding Physician. Helped me unravel and successfully treat a very atypical G.I. problem. He never gave up until he found a solution. Really hears what his patient is saying. Intelligent and sensible with a comfortable, caring, bedside manner. Frames his explanations in terms a non-medical patient can understand. Dr. Wilhoite also treated my aged, debilitated Mother, a very complicated patient with lots of other medical conditions. He persisted with troubleshooting until he found a safer way to diagnose and treat her. She is now 85 and living a much higher quality life following his diagnosis and treatment. She was a very difficult case. Highly recommend.

not very caring show details not very caring
Jun 18th, 2014

Left many phone messages, tried to get followup appointment, never felt he had the time to answer my questions, appeared very rushed and not sincere. Office was very large and not personal .

Unremarkable Gastroenterologist show details Unremarkable Gastroenterologist
by GJW on Dec 7th, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr. Wilhoite for the past 14yrs and there is not another specialist/investigative Gastroenterologist with the drive, bedside manner, knowledge, experience, compassion, and attitude in the country; and I have been to Duke, Vanderbilt, Mayo, and many others. I don't believe you will find any other Gasteroenterologist that compares to his reputation and just down to earth personality. He just tells you how it is! No BS. That is what I love.

Jun 7th, 2012

Some of the patients who have left Dr. Wilhoite have told me that their reason for changing doctors is that Dr Wilhoite can be moody and curt. Although this behavior has been noted a few times during our 15 years as his patient, Dr. Wilhoite becomes moody only when one of his patients (new or old) has a condition which most like will lead to that patient's imminent demise. My wife and I have been in the office or hospital at a time when he has to tell a patient he or she is dying, this breaks Dr. Wilhoite's heart and his innate kindness and empathy causes him distress. In these circumstances, the Doctor's behavior is often misinterpreted by others as moody or curt. This level of caring should be appreciated by patients and not a source of aggravation.

May 28th, 2012

Tried to be a good doctor over 5 years but abruptly left practice without notifying patients and not providing for ongoing care.

Wonderful! show details Wonderful!
Nov 5th, 2010

Dr. Wilhoite is an excellent doctor - very dedicated to me and my condition. He provided great care during my diagnosis and hospitalization. Highly recommend!

Best Doctor show details Best Doctor
by Karan Gooden on Aug 11th, 2010

I have problems with my stomach... Dr Wilhoite is the best at what he does..

Mar 15th, 2009

Excellent doctor who explains all test results and medical problems - especially in terms that understandable by everyone. He is extremely nice and makes me laugh (even when it hurts).

Jan 8th, 2009

EXCELLENT physician, but possibly one of the meanest people I've ever met.