Family Physicians
Horse Creek Family Medicine
426 School St
Cordova, AL 35550
205-483-7117
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

Some ratings provided by Yahoo.
 |  Caring, compassionate np  |  show details
Feb 25th, 2014

I am very thankful for the wonderful intelligent nurse practitioner working at the office. He has provided outstanding medical care for my mother. He takes time to listen and seems to sincerely care about his patients (unlike Dr. Twilley). My mother's health had declined a great deal but with Mark's help she is doing much better. The medical industry needs more of him. I'm not impressed with the other staff members. They are always laughing and eating. They are usually standing at the desk playing on their cellphones. If they are using them for medical information that is okay, but games and facebook is not. The medical office is not a place for games. I'm not sure but I would have to say the majority of them do not have any college education from their language and professional skills. I'm just thankful for the wonderful care provided by Mark. My mom might not be alive if not for him.

|  Unreal  |  show details
Feb 17th, 2014

I have seen PCP and specialist in my life. Dr. Twilley is the poorest excuse for a PCP. The only reason I still go there is the man that works with him. Dr. Twilley doesn't even know my medical problems. The staff is so rude. They never answer the phone. When you go in the office, the nursing staff is always eating and laughing. The one nurse is always wanting to do a nerve conduction test on me even when the man nurse tells her I don't need it. The ultrasound woman said I had pulmonary something... She didn't know what she was talking about. He needs all new female nurses. They have no clue. They are too interested in eating and flirting.

|  Best nurse practitoner  |  show details
Dec 13th, 2013

I have been seeing dr twilley for years. The last year I have been seeing his nurse practitoner Mork. He is wonderful. He has me off moSt my medicines and I'm doing much better. He listens to me and takes time with me. I refuse to see twilley. He has no idea how to treat patients. The staff is so rude. I hope Mark don't leave.

|  Worse ever  |  show details
Dec 13th, 2013

Dr. Twilley is a poor excuse for a physician. You never see him. You always see the nurse practitioner. He takes wonderful care of my husband. The staff is the rudest and laziest I have ever met. The ultrasound woman was hitting on my husband while having his carotid done. How unprofessional. He is happily married. Pure trash when you hit on another woman's husband. If she does it to mine, what else is she doing. We are changing dr due to nursing staff treatment.

|  Dr. Scotty Lynn Twilley  |  show details
by melissa davis on Dec 10th, 2013

Hi my name is Melissa Ann Davis, I also were seen by Dr. Twilley for around 3 and a half to 4 years. I seen him only 1 time the whole time I were seen there, it was my very first visit and the rest of the time I seen an nurse her name was Amy. well I were having a lot of problems out of my ex husband, he got several people to call saying I was selling my medication, Amy told me that if they kelp on getting phone calls like that I would be dismissed from there and would have to find me another doctor. I told her that they could call me anytime to bring my medications in to be counted plus do a drug test at the same time telling her that I knew who was calling and what was going on with me and my ex husband. She never called to count my medication, she did do 3 or more drug test and never told me that I didn't pass the drug test when it was my appointment time, The last time I went there she told me they could not see me anymore due to all the phone calls. I Melissa Davis at that time spoke up and told her I wanted to see my drug screen test she told me she could not do that so I ask to see the Dr. she told me I couldn't then I ask her about more test witch was blood test that was done she had taken me to the Lab to look and see if anything had came back and she told me she wasn't seeing that ant blood work was done on me. I have severe back problems and my nerves are pretty bad so I am trying to get my Social Sec. so I called Dr. Twilleys office to get my medical records to take to my Attorney, the people at the front desk told me that they see I was seen there and can never be seen there again but they couldn't find any medical records on me. So could some one please tell me what I need or can do about this? I have two children, single parent and no job. I really need to get my medical records for my Attorney. Thanks to all that may or can help.

|  More Time  |  show details
by me on Nov 22nd, 2013

I used Dr Twilley for several yrs and during that time I only seen him 1 time the rest of the time I seen cnp. He done test every month and I never got the results even after asking several times for them.Futhermore my Dad was also a long time patent of Twilleys and twilley done blood work on him every month or no more than every 3 an always said everything was fine.Well on July 3,2013 he was admitted to the the hospital with extremely high liver enzymes and on the 4th diagnosed with small cell carcinoma.God call him home on July 10,2013 I believe if he had of seen Twilley himself and got results and treatment we may have had more time with him. THINK TWICE ABOUT USING THIS DOCTOR!!!!

|  Treated very bad  |  show details
by Tina Cook on Jul 13th, 2013

I was a patient for 11 years. The last 3 years he really was not even present. They would run every test they could but never go over the results. It was a 3 to 5 hour wait, then his helper who was the front desk worker but her a white cost on and started seeing his patients. The last 6 months I saw his helper. She even gave me a shot that got infected. Several times I saw his wife for my dr visit. I watched the lab come into the waiting room and draw blood from person to person. Don't dare ask how much longer your wait time is they will ask u to leave. After 11 years heather gave me a drug test and told me I failed for benzoes I never got to see him to let him no my phyclogist had put me on klonopin. They told me they couldn't write for me anymore. Twilley didn't have the decenty to even talk to me. Knowing I have extremely high blood pressure and had me on 170 milg of oc, didn't wen me down. I have never been so sick in my life. Still having a hard time and blood pressure is out of control. This has site changed my view of him he is not a careing person. I could have died. And his wife has a attitude since her prison stay. I hope justice is done, and he see that he is no better than anyone really disappointed in him.

|  Don't Bother  |  show details
Apr 3rd, 2013

Worst doctor ever. He has gone down hill over the past couple of years and has really tanked since his wife has returned from her prison stay for tax fraud. The staff is lazy and rude. The Twilleys don't pay their bills. However, if you want pain meds this is the place to go if you don't mind 6 hour waits.

|  All Day Wait For nothing  |  show details
Nov 1st, 2012

He is on more drugs than most of his patients are. Could not get him to focus. Total waste of time.

|  Nice but busy!  |  show details
Jul 8th, 2012

Dr. Twilley is one of the kindest doctors I've ever worked with. He is overbooked every time I go though. I spend anywhere from 4-8 hours at his office every month. He listens, his nurses are also polite. The front desk employees aren't very friendly, and the lab and triage ladies come across as a little cold. I think it's because they're so busy and tired, and cramped in a trailer until the new office is complete. But who has this much time to sit in an office and wait??? I hope things improve when they move or he hires in some help. He's too good to give up.

|  show details
Apr 10th, 2012

I had been a patient of doctor twilley's for 2 years and when I told him how I was mistreated by his office staff during a visit, his staff told me I should find a new doctor. Here is a small list of things I have had personally happen due to the inaptitude of his office staff. They double prescribed my heart medicine because the nurses didn't put my current list of medications. They didn't read my labwork for 8 months, of which I had an allergy doctor tell me that the lab work they did showed my liver was failing. When I asked the nurse practitioner there about it, she looked at my chart and said "oh here's that test, we ran that 8 months ago...yeah your liver tests were elevated then." Average wait time for every visit I go to once a month is anywhere from 3.5 hrs to 6 hrs. My last appointment I waited 4.5 hrs to see the doctor at almost 8pm they came back and said, word for word, "you didn't need to see the doctor, you could have left hrs ago, and that it was my fault for not asking." The office staff is dismal and the discipline of that office shows it. When I called to tell the doctor what had happened to me I was told I needed to find a new doctor. Of the 36 visits I've had at this doctor I only saw the doctor maybe 6 times. Don't ever go to this doctor. It will be a waste of your time and your money.

|  One of the Best  |  show details
by Patsy Wallace on May 10th, 2011

if it wasn't for Dr.Twilley I would notbe alive. He has taken better careof than any Doctor I have had.God Bless him.

|  overview opinion  |  show details
Mar 15th, 2011

dr. twilley, excellent dr ... however, being a monthly patient, i would havelike to seen him at least 2-3 times ayear to discuss issues, without havingto communicate through a nurse practitioner.Wait time was horrific ... Some days could be an all day wait ... (way too long)...Courtesy and professionalism of office staff - (lacking)Bedside manner (caring) very patient and caring ... Staff - Examples:Changing rooms too many times - blood drawn back to front waiting area, to patient care room to another room to discuss patient care ... (dizzy)Nurse called out to patient at front entrance to tell him they needed urine test right then and now ...patients blood sugar was being taken right in hall ...one patient was not clear which room she needed to go into, nurse just walked awayleft her guessing ...co-paymenst needs to be taken at time of arrival.

|  My opinion  |  show details
Oct 27th, 2010

Dr. Twilley was very through. I was very impressed with his bedside manner. He explained everything that he was testing for & told me what he needed to keep an eye on. My first visit was rather long, but the last 2 visits I was in & out in just over an hour! I would suggest him to anyone!

|  Caring Doctor  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Sep 24th, 2008 on insiderpages.com

Dr. Scott Twilley is my daughter`s doctor and she is very happy with him. The Staff in his office is always willing to work with your appoin...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
 |  my doctor  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Sep 22nd, 2008 on insiderpages.com

Dr Scottie Twilly is my doctor and he is wonderful, caring,and very knowledgeable!! I wouldn`t trade him for any other doctor in the world. ...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
 |  show details
Feb 23rd, 2007 on yahoo.com

Dr.Twilley is a great doctor.: I have used Dr.Twilley for my doctor for some time now.He is a wonderful person and a GREAT doctor.If you need to see a good doctor he is the one to see.

Read Full Review at yahoo.com