Obstetricians & Gynecologists

Milhaven
6617 Dearborn Dr
Mission, KS 66202
Locations and availability (6)

1.5

|  Do not recommend this physician  |  show details
by Minus 10 on Dec 26th, 2013

On his first encounter with my husband, Dr. Kim practically ignored my husband's greeting. My husband knows Korean and the Korean culture fluently, but Dr. Kim ignored him, immediately showing my husband how rude he is, even in the Korean culture. He also misdiagnosed me by telling me I needed to get a surrogate to bear my children and seven months later told me to start IVF (although I am in the top 0.01% of female fitness, based on my daily workouts and excellent fitness) . He has the bedside manner of a troll. On my first appointment, I waited for 30 minutes, naked in a gown on the exam table, for an ultrasound and finally became disgusted and decided to leave. After I got dressed and was walking out, the nurse returned and told Dr. Kim was "running behind." Yet again, the bedside manner of a troll. I do not recommend this physician: he is inconclusive, vague, and disagreeable to work with. His biography says he speaks Spanish, but he has difficulty pronouncing English as a minimum.

|  Seek a second opinion  |  show details
Sep 17th, 2013

Dr Kim gave wrongly diagnosed me. The treatment plan he wanted for me entailed me spending nearly $12,000. I never felt right about the diagnosis he gave me so I sought a second opinion. Thank goodness I did because the second reproductive endocrinologist I saw told me his diagnosis was way off and there was no need to do the procedure ($12,000 procedure) he wanted me to do.

|  ZERO bedside manner or manners of any kind  |  show details
Jun 21st, 2012

Dr Kim was abrupt and abrasive. Allegedly, I'm told he is brilliant, but I gather that only applies to his research and has nothing to do with how he treats patients. He was rude and acted like he was famous trying to kick my wife's sister out of the room during her appointment simply because he "doesn't do that." 'That' being 'allow patients to have support.'During the appointment he was very rough and it made the experience traumatic for my wife, but he made it clear that her pain was not his problem. When showing my wife the pictures taken of her fallopian tubes he simply said, "Useless. Just useless."After 20 years in the field of fertility he has not learned that a couple's ability to have a baby is a very sensitive subject.Avoid Dr Kim at all costs.

|  do not waste your money on him  |  show details
Sep 20th, 2011

Im a 28 yr old patient who saught ivf because of male infertility. Had 3 failed ivf with dr kim and every one he was only able to retrieve 2 eggs and told me he didnt know why. He blamed my embryos quality on my husbands poor sperm. After 3rd failed ivf we were going to give up hope until we wanted a 2nd opinion. We saw 3 docs who all said i didnt get pregnant nor was he able to get more eggs b/c of his bad protocol. He didnt change my dose in meds when it needed to be and gave my hcg shot too earlu everytime therefore retriveing my eggs when they werent mature. My embryo quality had nothin to do with husbands sperm either..it was due to the type of meds he had me on. So we moved forward with 1of those doctors....he retrieved 15 eggs...13 made blastcyst stage and they were all grade a. I am proud to say im pregnant with twins. Cant believe i wasted my money on that useless doctor and he never acknowledged his mistake yet blamed us. He should have his license taken away!!!!!