Overall Review

August 11th, 2016
great doctor
Dr D was wonderful when my husband was hospitalized with a serious condition, helped get all the specialists together for an important consult. Strongly recommend him....great knowledge and caring.

September 21st, 2015
Dr. Downing is a very intelligent, well educated and trained internist. He diagnosed on a n initial visit for an issue, on two separate occasions my problem, made the appropriate treatment plan which only required one follow up visit to adjust medication. The conditions were picked up quickly and promptly correctly treated.

May 6th, 2014
Dr. Sean G Downing - Excellent Doctor
I have been a patient of Dr. Sean Downing for over five years. Dr. Downing is an excellent doctor. He listens to his patients, and explains his recommendations. I am 100 percent satisfied with Dr. Downing. We have recommended him to several friends, and they are also pleased with his service. He has an excellent educational background and experience.

April 22nd, 2014
Excellent Doctor
My wife and I have been patients of Dr Downing and have found him to be excellent at both diagnosing and treating illnesses over the last 7 years. He is careful, considerate, and always follows up with patients. He is on top of things and doesn't let them develop into major problems. He takes the time to listen to problems. I highly recommend him.

December 2nd, 2013
Best Doctor Ever
Simply the best there is. He is always patient and has delivered 100%.

September 28th, 2012
Smart, thorough and compassionate--with a keen Irish wit.
Dr. Downing is an excellent primary care physician who is well versed in the latest medical information. He works diligently to keep you healthy and on the right track and when you need a specialist he can quickly obtain an appointment for you because he is well regarded by his colleagues.

September 23rd, 2011
Nice guy but not would not recommend.
Decided to see Dr. Downing after being recommended by a co-worker. First impression, he was very nice and seemed to care. I also started taking my son to see him. My son has ADHD and a high metabolism and therefore is very thin, Dr. Downing's solution...McDonald's and Burger King. Mind you, we have an extensive family history of heart and cholesterol issues. I could not believe it. Also, sometimes I felt as though he only heard part of what I was saying. I thought it was only me, until my husband took my son in and came to the same conclusions. He is nice and personable but felt like my visits were a waste of time sometimes.

August 21st, 2011
Excellent Physician
Dr. Downing is by far one of the most caring, compassionate, and intelligent physicians in Sarasota. Excellent diagnostician...very well-trained at top notch schools...he is a true asset to our medical community!

March 18th, 2010
he was in a rush after we waited for 45 minutes!! He was more interested in checking his phone messages than treating my grandfather. He came highly recommended from a neighbor whose son is a Dr. I have worked in the medical field for over 20 years and I was not at all impressed with his bedside manner. I wish I had known that he was also a pediatrician because I would have never taken my grandfather to him. NOT IMPRESSED!!