Dr. Sean Fahey MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

April 2nd, 2015
Excellent Doctor
Knowledgeable - Professional - Caring - Accommodating - Good Bedside Manner - Highly Recommend

January 19th, 2015
Has been a huge disappointment
I started seeing Dr. Fahey two years ago when I woke up one day with heck setting into my body. He first ran a few blood tests on me and called me with the results. My blood work was negative for inflammation but gave me steroids which helped so much with the pain, he had me return in three months and I was really bad again. He did no further testing but feeling my fingers, toes, wrist and etc.. at that time I was a 38 year old woman walking with a cane, he didn't really want to know why... he sent me home. My mother was recently diagnosed with RA and my symptoms are identical to hers so I called his office and asked to be put on something for RA just to see how my body reacted to it. By the first four weeks I was drastically better (He gave me Plaquneil) and I had some sort of quality of life back although I've not been able to return to work. Since winter has set in and I've been on the same meds and dosage for almost two years I've gotten worse. I went to my six week follow up and he ordered NO NEW TESTS. Gave me more steroids and said see ya!! After the dose Pack ended I Called for a second dose pack, I just couldn't handle the pain. Once it was over with I knew I couldn't take anymore pain so I called the office to see if he would change my regular meds to something stronger but I was told NO, he said he had no proof I was having a flare up of any kind. I am recovering from pneumonia and my regular doctor had to give me a shot of tordol just to control some of my bodies inflammation. My regular doctor is very upset that he keeps throwing steroids on me but won't give me a stronger medicine to try since my body is responding so well to RA/lupus treatment so she has referred me to goto a better rheumatologist two hours away. If you do not have an official diagnosis then I suggest you to stay away from him because he will not try to find the problem. My neck is so bad now I can't turn it it's so stuff but he's never not once had it checked out, this is going on almost three years. I can't drive and some days can't even cut my own food.

January 9th, 2015
Wonderful all the way around.

January 4th, 2014
Highly qualified Rheumatologist
I came to see Dr. Fahey after months of agonizing pain and stiffness. I had no idea what was wrong with me. Dr. Fahey was courteous, knowledgeable and understanding. He made an accurate diagnose. He not only answered all my questions but listen to my concerns of taking medications. Dr. Fahey came up with a treatment plan that has given me my life back. I am so grateful. I highly recommend Dr. Fahey and his exceptional staff.

July 24th, 2013
Always satisfied with treatment....
I have been seeing Dr. Fahey for many years in his office. I find him courteous and have always appreciated his direct approach to medicine. When I do go for a visit I want facts and his recommendations for treatment. He has saved me many times when I have been deathly ill and in the hospital. I like the fact he is open to new ideas and different ways of treatment. He is a fine doctor and I feel fortunate to have him.

May 18th, 2013
Exceeded Expectations
I had put off going for many years and much pain and discomfort. Hated the idea of drugs...Dr Fahey listened to my concerns and worked out a plan that I could live with...tried it my way for a bit, and finally realized that he knew best. I let him lead and before long, I was doing much better - still had to tweaked the plan to get me in remission, but what amazed me most was how he listened to all my concerns and questions and I truly felt that we were in this together. I know it will be a long and often rough road, but I know that he has what is best for me overall.

April 24th, 2013
Came up with the right treatment plan
It is very hard to find a good Rheumatologist. I was in tremendous pain when I finally chose to make an appointment with Dr. Fahey. He had a simple, common sense approach that I appreciated. His treatment plan was one that I hadn't used before and it signifcantly improved my life for a year. When I recently had a major flare he didn't automatically jump to the biologics which I appreciate.

October 31st, 2012
Skip this doctor even if he is close by!!
I wanted to give Dr Fahey a try for a second opinion. He told me he does not like to do this because he could contradict a rhuemy peer. But is that not why you get a second opinion- just incase the first doctor was wrong. Anyway- he did nothing. There was no examination no tests- just a pitch for me to switch doctors and come to him but he offered no reason to with his bed side manner or demeanor. He was recommended to me by a neighbor because his office is close by but you really have to like your doctor and trust them. To me, this guy is not likable and I dont know how much you can trust him. If your someone that want to feel they are being heard and the doctor can understand you issues, Dr Fahey is not that guy!

September 19th, 2012
AS BAD A BED SIDE MANNER I EVER SEEN!
THIS DOCTOR IS THE WORST I HAVE EVER BEEN IN CONTACT WITH AND WITH MY AUTO IMMUNE CONDITION I HAVE SEEN ALOT.IT WAS A TOTAL WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY.HE WAS AS RUDE AS A PERSON COULD BE AND OFFERED ME NO SOLUTION FOR MY CONDITION.HE GAVE ME A PRESCRIPTION FOR SOME MEDS FROM WHICH I GOT ZERO RELIEF AND SENT ME ON MY WAY WITH NO HELP AND A BIG FAT BILL.HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE.TOTAL WASTE OF A COUPLE HOURS.

June 18th, 2011
I would not send any one to him he is rude. I could here a lady next to me crying in pain. When she walked by She was in bad shape. He said I do not give pain meds of any kind! There is a sign on his wall that says "The internist in this practice will not let me give pain meds. I have never heard of such. I only hope one day he will be in severe pain and some one tells him to take a asprin. He should read all the side effects of predisone, Plaqunil and all of the new drugs. He should look up side effects of just giving that poor lady some pain medicine to take. Doctors are letting there pts hurt because of the dea agents. They do not go after cancer pts Lupus sle pts or chronically ill pts. Drs need to care more about their pts who they know are sick and less about playing god. He never touched me. He had 4 people sitting outside when he says you will get on the scales or get out of my office. Lupus can make you retain alot of fluid and I was not there as a pt yet. I was there to see how he treats his pts and to see if I wanted him as a doctor. He is a jerk. I would not send my worst enemy to him. If he does not want to be a Dr. Stop treating pts.

November 1st, 2010
I agree 100% with the review already online
Dr Fahey lacks or appears to be human. Never answers questions. very condescending. Never smiles. Shows no empathy. Tells you outright if you don't have rheumatology don't ask for any other help.No once does he review any of the enormous paper work you fill out. Walks in and ask "What can I do for you today? Never ask if your in pain. Feels your hands and feet and your own your away and xRay and some blood work. Don't worry he will call you the results. ******************************Sounds exactly like the experience I had. Never "fired" a Dr till I had this one....Ditto above concept: Walks in and asks "What can I do for you today?" Feels your hands and feet and sends you on your way. Then has you come in quarterly to do it all over again!

October 16th, 2009
Dr. Sean Fahey
A brilliant diagnostician and a true specialist in rheumatology related disease states. Very caring, highly intelligent, compassionate professional who treats people rather than just a symptom. Very fortunate to have this physician in the area as I have been seeing him for four years.