Dr. Sean Houston MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

May 25th, 2016
I have been treating with Dr. Houston for several months now and I have to say he is the only Dr. that took the time to listen to my issues and concerns. He thoroughly evaluated me in relation to my complaints of migraines, almost constant facial pressure/pain, as well as the annoying/painful ear pressure I was living with. I work in the medical field besides having a laundry list of issues that have lent me the dubious distinction of exposure to many different types of "bedside manners". While I will grant you Dr Houston may SEEM short with the patient, he is in my opinion respectful and compassionate in his overall manner. It can just as overwhelming for the physician when a patient comes in for help and may have gone to several other of the same type of doctor and unfortunately hasn't had the results they may have been hoping for. They, myself included tend to bring all that negative experience with them. Best to leave that type of thinking at the door and allow him to begin on a fresh slate to help the patient accomplish a more comfortable quality of life. That is hard, I know, but through this thinking and in conjunction with his level of expertise. I am scheduled to have surgery with him to correct several issues in just a weeks time...and I couldn't be more at ease or sure of the fact that I ended up in the right hands for my care. I will absolutely write another review post operatively to further review that aspect of my care with Dr. Houston. So, I truly hope that if you are a frustrated patient that has been through several other docs that just didn't get it done, that you can see plenty of us have had the same type of experience....BUT IT'S TIME TO MOVE FORWARD. With Dr. Houston you won't be sorry.

March 18th, 2016
Dr. Houston was very good. I would recommend him.

December 17th, 2015
I have to say I am beyond shocked at these reviews written below. Dr. Houston is not only a phenomenal doctor, he is a phenomenal individual. I have had the absolute pleasure to have worked as his assistant and right-hand man for 5 years previously. Believe me when I say this, I am NOT being biased either by writing this review. It is upsetting to see how so many people are quick to judge someone's character. Although Coastal Ear Nose and Throat is an extremely busy medical office, each doctor there has a limited amount of time to spend with each patient. The demands put on them daily are much of which most people could not handle, trust me, I have seen it and been around it first hand. As far as Dr. Houston reportedly having "bad bedside manner", some could take it that way, but it is more of him getting straight to the point and being able to help his patients instead of beating-around the bush. Most people think they need to explain every little thing or tell their entire history and in most cases they don't. The doctor and staff are already 10 steps ahead of you. He is extremely intelligent and one of the most sincere, kind-hearted, respected doctor I have met. Anyone I have known who has met him or got to know him on a professional level have all said the same thing, "He is amazing in every way." I have the upmost respect for Dr. Houston, always have, always will and for anyone who may have had a "bad experience", well I am sorry for you, but I would trust my life and anyone else's in his hands without a doubt.

November 4th, 2015
Dr. Houston did my husband's Septoplast for his deviated septum. He answered all of his questions and my husband did wonderfully after surgery. He is direct, professional and to the point. I would recommend him to anyone who wants direct, straight forward answers.

September 27th, 2015
Worst bed side manner !!!
Dr Houston examined my 80 year old mother. He has the worst bedside manner I have ever experienced. He was nasty because we thought she seasonal allergies and told us no she has 3 separate problems. He examined her and had her in pain . He told us in a very condescending way the next steps for treatment . His assistant was rude and rushed my mother at the end as he left quickly for the next patient. It was a Saturday and it was obvious they were rushing to get out. I read other reviews after and it confirmed that Dr Houston is abrupt and doesn't even introduce himself. If he doesn't like caring for older patients and being sensitive to the patients concerns he should only treat non seniors. I am a former Pharmacy Director , years in health care and have. Never seen such bad physican behavior.

September 23rd, 2015
AMAZING. AWESOME. WONDERFUL. KIND
Dr. Houston is awesome! He's intelligent, confident, compassionate, witty, knowledgeable and kind. I saw him for a concern with my neck and he gave me a thorough exam and explained everything to me. I went to him on a recommendation from my brother, boyfriend and three neighbors who all loved him. I feel the same way. I've read some negative reviews about him and I just don't see it. He is amazing and I will absolutely be back!

May 19th, 2015
Sports Fan
Fellow sports fan. Nice guy, good treatment. Recommend.

February 5th, 2015
The most arrogant, condescending, egomaniac of a bully that I have ever seen in my life. Does not listen or examine you. Talks down to you and treats you like you are stupid. Whatever you do, don't ask a question! Will never see him again or return to the practice.

January 15th, 2015
I went to Dr Houston due to having a clogged ear and tinnitus for several weeks. As a healthcare provider myself I pay extra attention to bedside manner and thoroughness. Dr. Houston was very quick to say all of my ear problems were related to TMJ....never considered this could be related to my sinuses...actually never took the time to ask me about any other symptoms. I decided to get a second opinion and turns out it was all related to a sinus infection that continued to linger on for weeks. Bottom line....don't waste your time with someone who clearly does not have the compassion to be a doctor.

December 12th, 2014
Arrogrant, condescending doctor
Terrible bedside manner. No empathy. Couldn't wait to get out of the exam room. Didn't care about my problem. I would never see him again under any circumstances.

August 14th, 2014
mom of a patient
My son was in so much pain and this dr took the time to care for him in a gentle manner. He has great manners and is extremely friendly.

July 21st, 2014
Displeased patient
I accompanied my 80 yo mother to an appt with Dr Houston to discuss findings and treatment options for a suspicious mass on her thyroid. Dr Houston was exceptionally arrogant and condescending. He was dismissive of our questions and concerns, and seemed more interested in having his assistant at the computer upcode the consult visit code (higher code, higher revenue) rather than listening to us and addressing my mother's fear and confusion. My mother had been to see Houston on a prior visit and had same experience, so she'd asked me to please come with her to this session where we'd learn what all the test results said and determine what the best next steps should be. She and I could not wait to get out of there and find another physician to work with. Would never go back and never recommend this physician. He may have good surgical skills, but his interpersonal skills are sorely lacking.