Dr. Sean Lambert MD Patient Reviews

• Obstetrics and Gynecology Cumming, GA

3.3

October 22nd, 2015
First of all, let me preface this review by saying it took me a MONTH to get this appointment from the time I scheduled it and this was their "first available" appointment. As a "new patient" here, I won't be back to this office. In fact, I never set foot in the office but won't be going back. Ever. My husband had locked himself out of his car minutes before my first appointment and he was stranded. I couldn't just leave him stranded until my appointment was over, so I went to help him. Before my appointment, I was notified to arrive 15 minutes prior to my appointment in order to fill out New Patient paperwork. I got held up by construction traffic on my way to my appointment after helping my husband with his vehicle, and then got pulled over, making me even more late to my appointment. I would have arrived 10 minutes late to my appointment start time (and would have been late regardless of getting pulled over), and called the office to let them know I was running late. I explained the situation and the office receptionist reminded me condescendingly, "well, you know you were supposed to be here 15 minutes before your appointment to fill out paperwork". Yes, I know but there were some things beyond my control that caused me to be late. Again, I explained to her that I am on the way and would be 10 minutes late, if that. I explained this to her and she says, "let me talk to the nurse", and puts me on hold. Meanwhile, I'm still driving to the office and she gets back on the phone and says, "you're going to have to reschedule". I was livid. I said, "you can't be flexible? It's 10 minutes and a lot of this was out of my control. I waited a MONTH to get this appointment". She said, "yes, but we're just 'so booked' you're going to have to reschedule". NO compassion or understanding whatsoever. I'll be finding a new doctor's office. According to other reviews from this office, people have had to wait up to an hour (even after arriving on time or early!) at this office. So let me get this straight: the office can keep you waiting for an hour and has no respect for patient's time (or any compassion/understanding in extenuating circumstances) but patients better not be a minute late!

February 23rd, 2015
Seems different
Dr. Lambert of today is much different than how he was two years ago- he used to have sgreat bedside manner but now presents as cross, irritable, and rude. Would not recommend

October 3rd, 2014
If you want mistakes, go here
Probably not enough lines to list out all the distaste and stressful visits to see this doctor and his office. What kind of doctor slaps a chart with a legal document on a patient who just underwent an Emergency C-section? If bleeding on me during surgery wasn't bad enought already!!! He comes into my recovery room as soon as I'm wheeled off of the surgery room in about 15 or 20 minutes and slaps the chart on my belly. He wanted me to sign a waiver that I won't sue him for the mistake he made by bleeding on me since he's now disclosing that fact. Since that event, I was on hypervigilant alert over my body and made sure I got tested on any diseases that you could get via Blood Contact!!! .... while I'm already sick and recovering from a surgery, I had all this sh*t to be paranoid about!!! He never apologized even! Yep, never in that recovery room and post-delivery visits in his office. Instead, he asked me when I plan to have another baby!!!!!! This is after an emergency c-section that left me tethered and the fact that I was an "older-aged mom" who shouldn't even be having babies. As said, there's not enough space here. I can't even begin to tell you how unprofessional and inadequate his midwife staff - Margaret Strickhouser - was. She stuck her big fists inside my vagina more than you can could with your both hands and multiplying them twice. I think either he fired her or she quit because she's not there anymore. Probably a good thing for them. She wasn't worth all the accolades she was receiving. She was incompetent and proud: she should've called the doctor for help rather than just leaving me to fend on my own most of the times.

October 17th, 2013
Very Thorough & Experienced
Dr. Lambert delivered my baby in November. I transferred into his practice after not being satisfied with my prior OB office. My experience with Dr. Lambert and the rest of the staff at North Pointe OBGYN has been all positive. I never felt rushed at an OB appointment- Dr. Lambert always took the time to answer all of my questions. I’m an older mom and my pregnancy and labor had some complications- I feel that it was because of Dr. Lambert’s high level of expertise that I and my baby had a successful delivery with an easy recovery. I am grateful for his level of knowledge and his warm and professional bedside manner both when things are going well and when things are not so easy.

September 10th, 2012
Dr. Lambert is caring and is a life-saver!
I have read all the reviews and have both pros and cons and would like to say that I do recommend Dr. Lambert. I have seen Dr. Lambert both when he was in the Alpharetta and now Cumming office. I am appalled to read some of the reviews about it not being hygienic but it was not like that when I went there. If it has changed since, I cannot comment on that. The initial visit was back in 2007 and a few times after that with both pregnancies. We met Dr. Lambert initially to get to know him and to discuss our pregnancy plan. It was a professional and caring visit. The con is that when you want an appointment, you might not get one right away, but that's how it is with most doctor's office in my experience unless you have an emergency which the staff always made sure to fit us in. The wait time is probably the worse, can take up to 20-45 min. depending on how many are in that day. I have waited as little as 10 minutes. Also, because he does have a lot of patients, he does tend to be in the E.R. more often sometimes helping with another pregnant person or someone in labor, so take that into consideration, but that also makes him so much more experienced in the field and exposed to more pregnancy risk scenarios. The staff has always been really kind and smiling. (Just remember, if you're nice, usually you'll get the same treatment in return.) Now, we had both high risk pregnancies and it is the doctor's job to ask if you have down syndrome, cystic fibrosis, if you're anemic, have diabetes in your family, etc. all the health issues that exist out there. He made it a big deal to ask and cover all the important things you should know even as first-timers. During the pregnancies, he discovered some issues along with the nurses who examined me and made sure to be extra cautious and gave us all the information we needed along with making sure we get our appointments set ahead of time. He even visited us in the hospital and called to check in. We're not family or friends or anything to him, I'm just another patient that got lucky with a knowledgeable, caring doctor. This is because he cares! If Dr. Lambert was not our doctor, we would probably have lost both our babies and are glad that he caught the issues ahead of time to get us the healthcare at the appropriate time. Don't judge the doctor by his staff alone, if you're unhappy with the staff, then you should comment on the staff and address your concerns directly with the doctor either by phone appointment, in person appointment or email. Don't go around posting negative comments. I've done this with a doctor before and guess what, the next time I went there, the attitudes of the staff were dramatically different, for the better. Remember the doctor and his business are only as good as the staff that represent him, so make sure to address it professionally and courteously rather than with only an angry complaint. That doesn't get you far. If I ever get pregnant again or plan a pregnancy, I would hope that I would be so lucky to see Dr. Lambert again because he has been the most caring and attentive doctor to me and my husband along with many other happy parents. The only thing I can see why someone would not get along with this doctor or any doctor or person is due to a personality clash. If you're concerned about choosing a doctor and considering Dr. Lambert, give him a chance. You might like him. He's our life-saver.

April 10th, 2012
I had a procedure done and the staff got me back to my room in a timely manner. I was very nervous to start with but Dr. Lambert made me feel very comfortable before during and after the procedure. I had a very good experience at my visit.

March 28th, 2011
Buyer Beware
Feel compelled to rate this doctor out of concern for other women. Pushes hysterectomies for treatment of fibroids, very convincing. Does not offer much less invasive treatments, not trained to do them so does not feel responsibility to share this information. Easy to get an appointment, but does not seem to have patient's best interest in mind. Listen to your intuition. Consult an interventional readiologist if you need treatment for fibroids. Take care.

January 22nd, 2011
Positive Experience!
I am pregnant with my second baby and was very unhappy with the first doctor I was going to. I knew at my first visit with Dr. Lambert that I was going to be so happy at North Pointe. The staff was so friendly and made me feel so welcome. I loved Dr. Lambert, mainly because he spent a lot of time answering all my questions. I was happy to find out this group is the only group that delivers 24/7 at Northside Forsyth. It was important to us that I deliver close to home.

October 8th, 2010
I got an appointment quickly
I was having a problem and called around to be seen. My regular office couldn't see me for 2 days. I called North Pointe and they got me in right away that same day.

September 21st, 2010
Dr Lambert is very professional and knowledgable. Wait time could be shorter

August 28th, 2010
Great OB/GYN!
I have 3 children and really was looking for an alternative to getting my tubes tied. Dr. Lambert presented an in office procedure option for me and it was a great experience and successful with minimal recovery time needed. His office staff is wonderful and I would tell anyone to go to him for their care. I didn't know he also has 3 nurse midwives and 2 other doctors with him and they deliver at Northside Hospital Forsyth which is a gorgeous facility!!

August 24th, 2010
Called around town trying to get a appointment, for a problem, I called North PointeOb/Gyn and they got me right in the Same day. Everyone was friendly,I willTell my friends about the practiceAnd Dr. Lambert such a nice Dr.