Dr. Sean Mayfield Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Sean Mayfield?

Posted on November 18th, 2015

He is the Best

Posted on November 3rd, 2015

colon surgery

Posted on September 6th, 2015

I met Dr. Mayfield as an emergency admit to EJGH with severe lower abdominal pain and high fever. The diagnosis was diverticulitis with an abscess and perforation involving more than just the colon. After 4 weeks of stabilizing the infection and building up my strength, Dr Mayfield performed surgery at Crescent City Surgical Center. He removed 80% of my sigmoid colon and 30% of proximal rectum. He was able to reconnect everything ( no need for a colostomy ). My recovery was swift and without complication. Dr. Mayfield is a very skilled surgeon and I am very grateful to him for returning me to a normal life.

Posted on April 24th, 2015

I had Colon Surgery 6 weeks ago and am feeling 100% better., a Big Thanks to Dr. Mayfield, Nurses, and his whole Staff!!!

Posted on August 1st, 2013

Dr Mayfield is not personable...at all!! I always seem to have a problem getting prescriptions called in. The nurse "forgets" to call them in. I would go to one of the other doctors in that office.

Think before taking action

Posted on June 29th, 2013

My father had surgery on his colon and the doctor did not go through possible consequences that could have happened from the surgery. If my father would have known the possible consequences he would have stuck with the cancer. My father had way to much radiation and chemo before the surgery. How can ones body build after all of this damage prior to surgery? My suggestion is to do your research on the illness, get a second opinion, and is it really worth it. Take care of yourself nutritionally and physically. I did not care for this doctor

If you're very sick . . .

Posted on June 4th, 2012

The only thing that matters is getting cured. I had Stage III cancer in my colon which had spread to surrounding tissue and lymph nodes. Other doctors were doubtful that I could be cured, and certain that at best, I would end up with a permanent colostomy. Dr. Mayfield operated on me for almost seven hours, and today I'm alive and with a normally-functioning colon because of his skill.

Dr. Mayfield is AWESOME!

Posted on January 4th, 2012

I was diagnosed with diverticulitis years ago. As time went on I suffered quite often with flare ups from my condition. A few months ago I was hospitalized due to an infection caused by my condition and that's when I met Dr. Mayfield. He strongly recommended surgery to correct my problem. I'm now in my second month of recovery and feeling much better than before. Dr. Mayfield and his staff have outstanding manners and care. The surgery Dr. Mayfield performed was colon resection.

Dr. Mayfield is GREAT!!!

Posted on January 4th, 2012

my life

Posted on January 25th, 2011

I believe that Sean Mayfield saved my life.

Excelent Doctor.

Posted on May 18th, 2010

He will be thr best colo-rectal in New Orleans.

Posted on September 29th, 2017