Sean McConnell MD Patient Reviews

3.1
  • 1 comment

Showing 1 - 1 review

March 4th, 2014
BRACHIAL PLEXUS INJURIES ARE 100% PREVENTABLE.
Doctor Sean McConnell delivered my second daughter. He was a young guy. During my visits he often threw around ideas that were not followed through- one of which being on my concern of having a very large baby that I really just also had a uterine fibroid and it would be fine. During labor I was told several times that she was not turning and descending correctly. I also could not have any drugs for pain (NOT the doctors fault). When she finally descended she had never turned correctly and became stuck. This is where the real issue started. Dr. McConnell had no idea what to do. He pulled on her head in order to free her which is something you DO NOT do during shoulder dystocia. Because of this her nerves were ripped out of her spine and her arm was paralyzed. She almost died. ANOTHER doctor had to enter the room after walking past and seeing the struggle. This woman saved my baby. My baby was 10 lbs 15 oz... NOT just a normal sized baby and a fibroid. All of these OBGYNs should know how to handle this situation. He Did NOT know what to do and my 2 year old has been though approx. 400 therapy appointments, surgery, pain, and may be facing another surgery in the future. They need education. BRACHIAL PLEXUS INJURIES ARE 100% PREVENTABLE.