Allergy & Immunology Specialist, Pediatrician
Video profile

Very dissapointed show details Very dissapointed
by K.H. on Jun 23rd, 2013

My infant daughter was sent to Dr. McGhee for treatment. The first office visit was great, his Attending was awesome and he seemed to understand her disease and had a good treatment plan to begin with. Since we are from out of town, we agreed to communicate by email or phone for her food trials. After her first food trial, I stopped getting a reply or any further instructions from Dr. McGhee, thats a scary thing when you cant reach your Doctor and your child is having reactions. I emailed a few times, called a few times..each time a different nurse would call me back to ask if I'd gotten what I needed,,,NOPE. I gave him plenty chances, in hopes that my daughter would get the help she needed, as I'd heard he was "the best". I will no longer seek any type of treatment at Stanford or Lucille Packard nor will I recommend them to anyone.We now travel to San Diego where they make me feel like she is their #1 priority..even over the phone.

Works on symptoms, not root cause show details Works on symptoms, not root cause
by Parent on Aug 14th, 2012

Child looks the same. Gave creams - did not order tests to find out why child is itching. During second visit, still did not order tests... Talked and made visual checks even when 2 weeks of cream didn't work (he advised us to use Saran wrap to keep cream in place). Previous doctors have done blood tests and found food allergies as cause - thought he may be able to add more color, rigor and resolution. We are disappointed that he hasn't made move to find root cause.

Jul 17th, 2012

Wait tends to be long, but he spends all the time needed to explain to you lab results, diagnosis, etc. We see him at Lucile Packard Childrens Hospital in Palo, Alto.

Feb 11th, 2011

Top notch, can't get any better.