A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Sean O'Brien:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Sean O'Brien is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Sean O'Brien, MD is board certified in Surgery and Vascular Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. O'Brien graduated from Michigan State University , East Lansing. He has 1 awards.
Dr. O'Brien has 6 hospital affiliations:
- Borgess Medical Center
- Borgess-Lee Memorial Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. O'Brien accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Aetna - 2 plans
- Priority Health - 7 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan - 29 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Meridian Health Plan of MI, Inc. (Formerly Health Plan of MI) - 1 plan
- HealthPlus of Michigan - 5 plans
- Cigna - 10 plans
- Humana - 9 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan