Pediatrician, Pediatric Specialist, Nephrologist (kidney)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Dishonest Billing for Visits and Unneeded Labs Ordered show details Dishonest Billing for Visits and Unneeded Labs Ordered
Aug 27th, 2013

I saw Dr. O'Regan as an internist, for the first time, for a yearly physical. Dr. O'Regan was friendly enough, we chatted about my Hx and medications, but he was not very thorough in his exam. I left with my annual lab work order and mammogram order. Later, I discovered that the doctor charged my visit as a "sick visit". Total billed $300 , of which my responsibility was $97.00. His office would not correct the billing when I brought it to their attention. Also, he ordered Hepatitis A, B, & C blood tests with my labs and they are NOT COVERED - $420.00 for me to pay. We DID NOT discuss any concerns about Hepatitis, I have no risk factors, and have never had these tests ordered for routine visits (or ever!) I have left a message for the doctor to call me and explain his reasoning for these tests and to discuss the billing for the visit and I have not received a call back. I am furious and will not return.