A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Sean Tierney:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Sean Tierney is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Sean Tierney, MD is board certified in Cardiovascular Disease and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Cardiac Electrophysiology
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Tierney graduated from Albany Medical College.
Dr. Tierney has 21 hospital affiliations:
- Northwest Community Hospital
- West Suburban Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Tierney accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 1 plan
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Humana - 3 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 2 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- WellCare - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Sean P. Tierney practice?
Dr. Sean Tierney practices Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology near Mokena, IL.
Additional practice locations include: Palos Heights, IL and Crest Hill, IL.
See Mokena Internists and Mokena Cardiologists.