A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Sean Whalen:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Sean Whalen is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Sean Whalen, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Device Interrogation
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Whalen graduated from Wake Forest University, Winston Salem.
Dr. Whalen has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Vanderbilt University Hospital
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Whalen accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Bluegrass Family Health - 2 plans
- Humana - 3 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee - 8 plans