Dr. Sean Pfeffer MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

August 30th, 2016
Very caring doctor
Dr Pfeiffer is very professional and attentive. He is thorough in dianosing and treating your conditions and in ordering the needed tests. He also very good in at following up in his treatment of his patients. I would recommend him. He does seem a little aloof at first, but I think that is because he is trying very hard to listen to what you are saying and analyzing what treatment you require. By my third visit he was much more open and friendly. He seems to be a very caring doctor.

November 9th, 2015
Staff is rude. Jessica needs to be trained on people skills.

April 7th, 2015
Pleased
The company i work for, recently changed insurance plans & with that change, came an "in-network" hospital change, as well. I was furious, at first because I have been going to Dr. Sean (as I call him) for the last 6 years. It took me a long time to find a healthcare provider that not only listened to his patients, but also administered quality care. When I called Dr. Pfeffer's office to inquire about my new health insurance, I was pleasantly surprised to find out that , although the hospital facilities that my new plan requires me to visit, he is affiliated with both, Freeman and Mercy, but he is considered "independent," which means that he accepts Medicare patients, tons and tons of various insurance plans, both private and group, Medicaid patients, cash-only, and flex plan patients, as well. So, what does this mean? My insurance can change, my hospital of choice may change, but my doctor of choice, will remain intact. Dr. Sean will get keep on seeing this old mug.

April 6th, 2015
A visit that saved my life
I am relatively young. I had bee noticing how heavy my chest always seems 2 feel. It feels like there is a brick lying on my chest at all times. Dr Pfeffer was concerned bc I am young. We talked about stresses in my life, family history of heart problems...nothing unusual or big came 2 mind. He wanted 2 run some tests, basically, 2 rule out that this heavy, short of breath feeling wasnt due to stress or anxiety. After several tests & the wearing of a heart monitor, Dr Pfeffer feared I was, possibly, having some heart problems. After mtg with a specialist , heart surgery was indeed the plan of action. Dr Pfeffer & his team informed me of results, guidance & feedback. The specialist in Joplin said this is beyond what we can do, here in Joplin. So, I was referred St Louis. It's been a long process, but now, after 2 heart surgeries, I feel like my quality of life is being restored!!i can run to my daughter & pick her, & not feel like I'm going 2 pass out, or even worse, die.

March 12th, 2015
Terrible physician. A a result of his misdiagnosis, I am now a stage 4 prostate cancer patient. Had he actually checked me the right way, I could have been cancer free. Avoid him like the plague.

September 8th, 2014
Good
Have been seeing this dr for years. He is good Christian man. Not only does he take care of me, regarding the purpose of my visit, but he will also recommend screenings that I need to be having done. Even though I don't like doing all the extra stuff, I'm greatfull that someone is watching out for me. I'm not to good at that stuff. I even got him laughing at my last visit. He is a good one. And, so are the pretty lady's that work there. Their smiles always makes me feel better.

July 24th, 2014
Great staff, great providers!
I have had the pleasure of receiving service, from both, Dr Pfeffer, & the nurse practitioner, Molly Shifferd. I feel comfort in knowing, both providers are superb. It's great to know that, any time I need medical assistance, I can have my needs met with either provider. And because of my experiences, with both, I also have gotten to know the staff well too. As a matter of fact, I use to go to Freeman to have my labs drawn because the previous blood drawers at Dr Pfeffer's office could never stick me. Now, Chrislyn draws my blood, & she always gets me on the 1st try. The staff & schedulers are always kind and helpful. I appreciate the way they return my phone calls quickly.

July 7th, 2014
Happy
Really liked the Doc!!

January 7th, 2014
Happy
I was happy with my experience at Joplin Primary Care. My referrals were taken of promptly by chrisalyn; dr Pfeffer asked me several questions, & seemed to really listen & understand my needs; & Juanita explained everything I Mende to know, regarding dr Pfeffer's next step plans.

November 30th, 2013
Brighter Days
The one thing that stop out to me was that Dr Pfeffer, generally, likes people. &, he's available, even if he's not at the office. Last Wednesday I had some questions. He had already left office bc hepromised his son he would his pterodactyl!! He called back n2 office after the staff notified him of their concerns. A, the was the day before thanksgiving.

September 10th, 2013
Valued
I felt like my health is important to Dr Pfeffer & those who work with him at Joplin Primary Care. I feel more educated & better understood, after each visit. I'm glad that my Dr is not going anywhere. I was worried that he might go to Mercy & Freeman doctors are in my network. I didn't realize that he services BOTH, Freeman & Mercy networks. So, as Mercy takes over Joplin, my doctor will not be changing. A provider & establishment to call mine. I value this...& so does my family.

April 22nd, 2013
Impressed
i was impressed with my entire visit to dr sean pfeffer. every time i enter the facility, i am greeted & am asked, how are you doing? then, i head back to see doc. juanita is a friendly. hispanic face, that takes my vitals, & listens to me. next, i see doc. i have been seeing this man, for years. i know he is thorough, direct, & genuinely cares about my well-being. i like to know exactly what i am going to get with my visits. & with dr. pfeffer, i know exactly how my visit is going to be. as i leave, not only are my questions answered, but any referrals, or follow-ups are taken care of, for me. at checkout, i am treated with the same kindness & care. i feel safe & cared about by everyone at joplin primary care.