Dr. Sean Smullen Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Sean Smullen?

Top notch ENT

Posted on March 24th, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr Smullen for a number of years. He is thorough, answers all questions. I am never rushed. I have a high level of confidence in and great respect for Dr. Smullen.

Unprofessional and inept

Posted on October 19th, 2015

Dr. Smullen refused to support the clinical diagnosis of one of his colleagues who had retired and passed my treatment into his hands. He showed very little interest in me or my story and was instead condescending and clearly in a hurry to wash his hands of me. He showed no compassion or empathy and indicated that he wasn't qualified to continue managing my care. Instead, he laughingly suggested I consult a psychiatrist, as though my condition is something that is merely in my head. I have never written an online review before but felt obliged to share my experience with him since it was so unpleasant and unprofessional.

Posted on August 23rd, 2013

I was in for my second visit with Dr. Smullen a couple days ago. I was very impressed. I've always been a very nervous patient and he actually made me feel comfortable, something only one or two other doctors have ever been able to do. I was talking to two of my friends today. One of them is having problems very similar to mine and then other is seeing a different Otolaryngologist who they are not satisfied with and I recommended him to both of them. The only problem I have is that his office hours aren't the most convenient for me. He's only in the office closest to me one day a week and it's a day that I have to work. (I do enjoy being able to get an extra day off from work whenever I have an appointment though.)

Excellent doctor

Posted on September 27th, 2011

My wife has been his patient since he opened his Lansdale Pa. practice. Her treated her for a severe sinus infection that required surgery. Not only did he treat the infection, he corrected the defect that was causing her sinus problems and straightened her nose! Thanks to Dr. Smullen, my wife can breath normally and has an even prettier nose than before.

Excellent Physician

Posted on August 22nd, 2011

I was diagnosed with a rare parotid tumor and Dr. Smullen removed the tumor and I followed up with him for the last several years. I trust him 110% with my health welfare, his bedside manner stands alone he is compassionate, understanding and genuinely cares about his patients. He gave me the confidence I needed during a very difficult time with treatment. I would highly recommend this doctor for so many reasons.

Required additional surgery.

Posted on June 7th, 2011

Dr Smullen is a very nice person but I do question his abilities. I had sinus surgery and developed subsequent infections and scar tissue. According to the surgeon who corrected Dr Smullen's "work," Dr Smullen did nor provide adequate follow-up care including an appropriate antibiotic. Had Dr Smullen been more thorough, and not minimized my concerns and my insistence that "something was wrong," it is very likely that I would not have had complications.

Posted on June 16th, 2010

My daughter had an irregular mole on her abdomen which showed atypical cells requiring 2 excisions. Dr. Smullen was very professional, supportive and informative. We did not feel rushed and were able to have all of our questions and concerns addressed. The excision went smoothly, he called to report on biopsy results in timely fashion and she has healed beautifully.

Dr Smullen is a fantastic person all around!

Posted on May 4th, 2010

Dr Smullen will take the time you need to take care of what is going on at the time of the visit, he will talk with you over the phone and is the kindest most comforting physician I have ever been too! I actually enjoy coming to visit! there is only one thing about his offices and that is the waiting time to see him, he does tend to run behind. Its not to justify, but, he takes very very very good care of his patients and tries to spend the time needed to comfort and explain things so the patient feels comfortable when they leave.

Screwed Up Surgery

Posted on February 1st, 2010

I went in for a rhinoplasty and he seemed very nice, friendly, and knowledgable. However, he completely screwed up the inside of my nose so that I get frequent sinus infections and bronchitis. He did not seem to care after the surgery was over about fixing any mistakes and brushed it off. I would never go back to him again.

Posted on March 31st, 2017