A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Sean Sumner:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Sean Sumner is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Sean Sumner, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Preventive Medicine
Education & Awards
Dr. Sumner graduated from Duke University , Durham. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Sumner has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Northeast Georgia Medical Center
- Northeast Georgia Medical Center & Health System - Lanier Park Campus
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Sumner accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Evercare - 3 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 17 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Medical Mutual of Ohio - 5 plans
- Unicare - 12 plans
- Humana - 14 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia - 24 plans