Sean M Wheeler, MD
11755 W 112th St
Ste 101
Overland Park, KS 66210
913-469-5579
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

|  Unsatisfied patient  |  show details
by JP on Dec 20th, 2013

I was referred to Dr. Wheeler from my primary physician due to chronic back pain. Initially it seemed like I finally found a doctor who knew what he was talking about and would be able to provide me some relief, but as soon as it came to refill the prescription that was helping, I was denied. I have explained my situation to multiple people at his office to further explain my situation, but it was no use. They are denying me medication that actually worked. I have now lost two jobs due to my back pain causing me to miss days of work. I feel that I am about at the end of the rope with my current doctors. I highly suggest that anyone looking for a new physician to look elsewhere.

|  Beyond expectation- Peggy  |  show details
Nov 17th, 2010

Today I'm thankful for pain relief. After 3 months of debilitating hip pain I had injections that took my sometimes 10 on the pain scale to a 1! Doctor Wheeler played Christian praise music in the halls, prayed with me prior to O.R. then we laughed until I cried doing Hall & Oates Karaoke in between injections.Thank You God, Dr. Wheeler and staff!

|  Pleased  |  show details
by KM on Aug 6th, 2010

I have been pleased with Dr. Wheeler and his staff. They are very nice and willing to listen.

|  Too strict for pain management  |  show details
Oct 24th, 2009

His requirements for pain management go above and beyond what other PM doctors in the area are doing - requiring you to bring in your pill bottles to be counted to each appointment. Will not fill your Rx even ONE day early even with extenuating circumstances and the random drug testing. Some of these things are being done by other doctors but the point system is, I agree, excessive. We as pain patients, need to be looked at as individual people with individual needs and problems. I was removed from seeing Dr. Wheeler a long time ago because he no longer sees patients that are not acute care. He leaves those to the PA's. I like my PA very much though so that doesn't bother me at all. She is wonderful.

|  Treatment has always helped  |  show details
Mar 5th, 2009

In my three years of treatment by Dr. Wheeler he has always taken time to review different treatments and seems to be on top of new procedures. His staff PA's review and provide information to the Dr. on most of the follow-ups. I have passed my recommendiations on to all my friends and relatives. Dr. Wheeler is a very special man and Dr.