Dr. Sean Wollaston MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

November 24th, 2015
The best Doctor I've ever had. Great bedside manner. Very compassionate and I never feel like I'm being rushed. His staff is the best too!

May 7th, 2015
very disappointed, should have paid attention to other reviews.
wow. such a waste of time/money. thought i'd give it one more chance (first time office totally messed up my name and billing but dr had seemed ok) but, clearly should have paid attention to the negative reviews. i only go to a dr. if i absolutely HAVE to and - this was the worst experience ever. he not only didn't really check me over, he stayed behind his computer typing (notes? emails? facebook?) all but about 30 seconds of the appt, then prescribed a med before even drawing blood much less getting results and, the way he wrote it, it would have been $300 had i filled it. he never called to follow up so i left message, still didn't call, never called about results and charged me $100 "new patient" charge and i was not a new patient. absolutely disgusting and extremely disappointing.

April 3rd, 2014
Awful Doctor
This Doctor is not only arrongant, he is rude, mean & just doesn't have the experience he claims in the medical field of Rheumatology. I saw him and the appointment lasted for 10 minutes I have never in my life ever had met a doctor who insulted me well besides Kaiser, whole different story there. He isn't compassionate, caring & he doesn't know anything about Gout symptoms nor does he know to how to treat it. I do not recommend this physician. How dare he say I am in menopause and its not gout, how insulting I went to four different doctors and he is the only one that didn't test me and he determined by looking at me I do not have "GOUT" 3 blood tests do not lie especially from three different doctors. DO NOT USE THIS GUY! Worthless waste of time & money!

June 23rd, 2012
Avoid this doctor if you can!
Dr Wollaston ruined my life since he could not diagnose my very serious rheumatology condition, and I now have to endure lots of medications with various side effects as a result. Actually, my ophthalmologist correctly diagnosed me when a dark cloud suddenly appeared one day in my eye; it was temporal arteritis (my optic nerve was swollen) due to the buildup of pain and inflammation in my body. Dr. Wollaston could have saved my eye if he had properly diagnosed my condition (polymyalgia rheumatica) BEFORE it hit my optic nerve. For months, I was his patient, but he didn't have the knowledge to diagnose or treat me. He could have ordered A SIMPLE BLOOD TEST, which would have saved me from so many meds and hospitalizations, but he does not have the knowledge help his patients. I initially went to visit this doctor, because my primary physician referred me to him years ago and because his office is very close by to my home. Huge mistake, which I will regret for the rest of my life.

January 30th, 2012
Dr. Wollaston is so patient. He listens to me and spends time on my assessment. He is the first one to really understand my condition and reassure me.

January 24th, 2012
I saw Dr. Wollaston for the first time yesterday and was very pleased with him and his office staff. His staff was very kind to me and Dr. Wollaston was great. I will definitely return to see Dr. Wollaston if the need arises and recommend him to anyone who needs a rheumatologist.

September 17th, 2011
A Nasty and Uncaring Dr.
I was referred to Dr. Walloston by another Dr. During my initial visit, he asked me questions, showed no emotion, caring or particular interest in me as a person.He was too busy typing into his computer. He came up with a diagnosis of fybromyalgia and wrote a prescription for Lyrica. I have many health issues which I informed him of. He told me that one of the girls would take blood for testing and he was done with me. The girl took about 4 vials of blood and then nothing further was said. I asked what happens next...do I call for the results or will the Dr. call me? When should I come back for a follow up appointment? The girl was not sure about anything as the Dr. had not said a word about me to her and he was already in with another patient. She eventually told me to call in 1 week for test results. I called in 1 week and the girl who answered the phone told me to call back in 2 more weeks. I decided to make another appointment to discuss the test results which were never told to me and this time I brought my husband back with me. Dr. Wallston barele said hello to me. He was continuously typing into his computer. He asked me if I took the Lyrica. I told him my Urologist told me to NOT TAKE the lyrica because of my bladder problems. Dr. Walloston was angry at that . I asked him about the blood tests. what was he testing for and what were the results? He told me I didn't have Rheumatoid Arthirtis and nothing more, His attitude was anger and annoyance. I decided I would never return to his office again. He has many very elderly patients and I think he's used to telling people what to do and not having anyone question his orders. I asked questions and he didn't like it.

March 22nd, 2011
If you want a quiet doctor who just stands there and listens to you but doesn't take a proactive stance, then this doctor's for you. If you want a doctor who really takes an interest in helping your elderly mother or father then look elsewhere.

November 4th, 2010
This doctor has helped me cope with a very aggravating condition. My only comment is about the office staff, they seem to need reminders on certain things, such as calling in prescriptions, etc.

July 15th, 2010
He apears initially to be very caring however,this is deceiving.He does not care to waste his time with tests,or any followup.He is unable to diagnose .yet will not provide a referral to a specialist or order an MRI to locate the source.He is lazy and reckless.

July 2nd, 2010
Quiet, gentle doctor who is always very patient and courteous and takes the time to listen. Always can count on him for help when I need to see him. Counters in the busy staff area are sometimes filled with patient files scattered about.

May 11th, 2010
A great doctor
He really knows his stuff. I am so grateful that he is my doctor. I have had some challenges with my health and he has always helped me through them. Professional, courteous and friendly, and he is handsome too.