Dr. Sebastian Mangiamele MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.2

May 1st, 2013
If you won't treat a particular condition then please don't take appointments for it
I have to say I'm incredibly frustrated after visitng Dr Mangiamele's office. I called because I was struggling at work with a recurring issue and his office was close. When asked by the scheduler what the purpose of my visit was she replied and said "Ok Dr Mangiamele wants these issues to be seen by his nurse practitioner". When I arrived I had to wait nearly an hour before I met with the nurse practitioner and when I explained my history of illness and the issue she said she understood but unfortunately Dr. Mangiamele felt the treatments for this were illicit. She said she would speak to him on my behalf to see if we could start off on a low dose until a referral could be made but he refused and offered no alternative. I was dumbfounded as I'm a very healthy professional man and I couldn't believe that I paid for a visit that they knew when I booked it they wouldn't treat and then wasted 90 minutes to be told there was nothing they would do. What a complete waste of time and money. I was told I would receive a referral to another provider but no one has provided that information which could have easily been done at the time of the visit. I completely respect your right to practice medicine as you see, but it isn't right to book appointments for something you won't treat.

June 3rd, 2011
He's not warm and fuzzy, nor at all cold, he is so intensely intellectually involved with your needs it is astonishing. One is cared for more than I ever believed a doctor could - to solve your health problem, but perhaps not to hold your hand. His staff are great too. Go with questions written down, hopefully have someone else takes notes, and don't interrupt him while his amazing mind is searching his internal database for solutions. His personality may strike some as too intense, foolishness - it shows his level of involved commitment. I was there 6 times in a month with a difficult case, I am now so relieved to find such a doctor.

April 20th, 2011
This Doc Rocks!!!!!

February 22nd, 2011
Horrible
I went to this dr for suboxone for addiction to pain killers from a surgery I had years ago. He scripted me the med and told me to come back in a week. I did a drug test at this 2nd visit and tested positive for the drug scripted to me by my previous dr. He out right accused me of using street drugs and told me the drug could not be in my system from my previous treatment a week prior. I told him i did not use it and if it was impossible for the drug to still be in my system then there must be something wrong and we should look in to it. He refused and got very angry and said that it was impossible and I would not get better until I found God and that suboxone doesnt work on men and he has only had success in women. And if I test positive again Im kicked out of his office and he wont treat me. (He is the only dr lisenced by the feds to script this med in northern mn) after I left his office I talked to 11 other doctors and EVERY one of them said he was wrong and that the prior drug would be in my body for two more weeks. And everyone of them said that the success of suboxone was 50/50 success rate men vs women. So I had to drink extreme amounts of water (other drs directed me to) so maybe the prior drug would be gone. All other drs could not believe what I was telling them until I told them who it was. I went to my next appt. and passed the test. When i talked to the nurse before my appt. I told her about what all the other drs said. She told the dr the extent I went to to prove I wasnt lying. He called it addictive behavior and said I needed to go to alcohalics anonymus 3 times per week, bring him a signed meeting schedule from these places, and again I needed God. I told him I dont drink alcohal ever and he didnt care...... Im a christian and I believe everyone could use a little more God in there lives but this was the most rediculous Dr. I have ever met. Needless to say I wont be going back.