Physiatrist (physical, rehabilitation)
Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Very disappointed show details Very disappointed
by Jlw on Aug 19th, 2015

Bad bedside manner, gave me completely wrong information regarding my injury which I realized after seeing a chiropractor which she told me not to do. Day 2 of seeing the chiropractor and I am already feeling relief from my pain and feel better informed.

Worst Doctor I have ever known. Stay Away. show details Worst Doctor I have ever known. Stay Away.
Jun 27th, 2015

Pill pusher. She will give you anything you want no questions asked. Spends almost no time with you. Cold. Heartless. Nasty. Arrogant. She actually ruined my life.

Leaving Hunt Med Group show details Leaving Hunt Med Group
Mar 11th, 2014

Pros - knowledgeable, convenient location Cons - cold, spends less than 1 min w/you on avg., comes across as not caring

in and out in under 15 seconds?dr or pill pusher? show details in and out in under 15 seconds?dr or pill pusher?
by greg t on Jun 26th, 2013

unfortunitely nambiar is the only dr local to me. in the 18 months as her patient, i dealt with incredibly nasty staff as well as a very nasty doc. she never spent more then 15 seconds with me. however long it toook for her to hand rx to me is time spent. following a disagreement between nambiar and a caseworker, nambiar refused to see me and left me with no care plan etc.this following her stating if caseworker left her alone there would be no problem keeping me as her pt. ..... i am 51 yr old disabled vet with 1 amputation,2 hip replacements and spinal issues. i'm sure the pill heads out there love her but if you need care from a real dr, please go elsewhere

Apr 22nd, 2013

Saw me the same day. Very knowledgeable about latest pain treatments.

Apr 22nd, 2013

Thorough and committed doctor.

salesmen show details salesmen
by jj on Feb 26th, 2013

she jacks you high with my bad back n neck was on 3 powerful meds plays nice then drops you with no referal and more people i talk to i fins she goes through people like underwear. goes away no covering dr i was an afternoon person and would change appointments. nurse very nice receptionest no manners my new dr says she is trouble.

Useless doctor just looking for money show details Useless doctor just looking for money
Jul 29th, 2012

Seema Nambiar is a money hungry and a very inexperienced doctor. She is educated in some unknown medical school. Not very smart. Please avoid. She is very greedy. Shane on you doctor!

Mar 26th, 2012

Dr. Seema got me addicted to Percocet and Oxycontin. A year after weening myself off these poisons, I was still in horrific pain. I thought there might be another medication that would help. I made an appointment with her. The day of the appointment, she refused to see me.

Very Good Doctor show details Very Good Doctor
Jan 30th, 2012

Took her time with me, listened, believed me when I said I was in pain but no other doc believed me. She cares and has helped me with my sciatica. She does not believe in prescribing strong drugs, so don't go to her looking for drugs. Go to her if you are looking to get better.

Fantastic Doctor and Nice Person show details Fantastic Doctor and Nice Person
Jan 30th, 2012

I see Dr. Nambiar regularly and she listens, takes her time and is always available to get me in for an appointment if I am in pain. I've recommended a lot of family and friends to her.

My kind of Doctor! show details My kind of Doctor!
Aug 18th, 2011

I am pretty high maintenance and expect a lot from my doctors. After three months of constant neck, back, arm and shoulder pain from several herniated discs, I finally found someone smart and caring to help me! In one visit, I have seen close to 70% improvement in my symptoms and walked out of her office feeling hopeful that I will be back to my old self soon. As a side note, the original Dr. my orthopedist has suggested had a three week waiting list for me to see him...which I found UNACCEPTABLE, one call to Dr. Nambiar and I was squeezed in. I cant rave about her enough. Lets just say, this thirty something Hearts Dr. Nabiar and couldnt be happier!!! If you want someone with a great bedside manner, smart, keeps apt times, and LISTENSshe is the one for you!

Excellent Doctor show details Excellent Doctor
Jun 11th, 2011

Dr. Nambiar is one of the best doctors I have ever been to. I have a debilitating Arthritic condition and I have seen my share of doctors for various types of treatment. Dr. Nambiar truly makes you feel as though she cares about you. She is very knowledgable and takes the time to figure out what is the best treatment for YOU. She is also willing to help answer questions not relating to her field. If you have any medical questions, you can feel comfortable asking her and if she knows the answer she will happily give you information. I would highly recommend her to anyone!

Really cares and knows her stuff show details Really cares and knows her stuff
May 17th, 2011

Came to her in a lot of back pain and could barely walk. She squeezed me in bc I had an emergency. She fixed my back and really gave me options. She took her time and made me feel comfortable. I was scared to get an injection, but she had excellent hands and I did not feel a thing. The injection fixed me up that evening.

Excellent doctor show details Excellent doctor
May 17th, 2011

I looked up her official profile on NY State Physician lookup and found out she has never had any malpractice actions or pending lawsuits against her so I called her office to make an appointment. Her office gave us an appointment the next day. The wait was about 5-10 minutes. She was very nice and personable and took a lot of time with my daughter. My daughter completed an office detoxification program and I could not be any happier with her. She saved my daughter's life. The program was tough and Dr. Nambiar showed a lot of tough love. I can see how people who drop out of drug detoxification programs may write bad reviews. It was a tough road and I don't think any other doctor could have taken the abuse that my daughter gave her. Fortunately, Dr. Nambiar is a committed doctor and worked with us as long as we were committed and showed up. My daughter had one relapse, but Dr. Nambiar helped us through it. I could not be happier with her.

Got wrong treatment show details Got wrong treatment
Mar 21st, 2011

I had very bad experience dealing with Dr. Seema Virmani Nambiar. She without any reason prescribed morphine based pain killers and injected me with steroids so that increase her billing to my insurance company. She is just looking to bill your insurance company $500/visit plus copayment. JUST A SCAM!

Pathetic and Greedy Doctor show details Pathetic and Greedy Doctor
Jan 31st, 2011

Dr. Seema is not qualified to be a pain management doctor. She is useless

A Careless Doctor show details A Careless Doctor
Nov 26th, 2010

Dr Seema is a horrible doctor. She is very careless. She injected me on the wrong side of the back. My counsel is preparing a legal action against her and Huntington Medical Group.

Useless Doctor show details Useless Doctor
Oct 19th, 2010

Dr. Nambiar is a shameless doctor.She is just interested in minting money by incorrectly charging me and my insurance company a lot of money. I went to her for treatment of my back pain. She did treatments only to get kickbacks from chiros and therapists. Useless Doctor. Avoid her.

best doctor i ever met ! show details best doctor i ever met !
by robert on Jul 29th, 2010

best doctor i have ever met ! why ? i have been to plenty over the years and she is the only doctor i feel honestly cares when she asks me how i am feeling, and how my meds are effecting me.most doctors think thay are god and have such a arrogance about them and seem not to realy give a s--t about you . she is the most compassionate doctor i have ever met ! and as good as it gets .

Excellent physician show details Excellent physician
Jun 24th, 2010

Dr. Nambiar is kind, caring and attentive. After seeing her, I would nto hesitate to recommend her. Pain Management is very difficult to find the right doctor, but she is without a doubt the best I have been to and I have been to a lot.