Dr Annamalai and staff show details Dr Annamalai and staff
by Nate on Aug 17th, 2016

I have been seeing this doctor for over 5 years. He always spends time with me and asks about my many issues, even if I don't bring it up. I am always left with a feeling that a thorough and comprehensive approach to my health is being done. The staff is also very helpful and courteous.

by Ande M on Oct 6th, 2015

I appreciated Dr Annamalai - he listened to me, went over my problem list (which unfortunately was long), and took care of my requests. Dealing with some of the staff, however was somewhat frustrating. Altho my insurance doesn't require referrals, I "had" to have one. That frustrates me. PLUS I wasn't contacted once the appointments were made with the specialists. My husband's case was the same. We were not notified that appointments were set for us nor who they were with until AFTER I called to find out what was taking so long. Very disappointing and frustrating. In addition to that, while I was standing at the check out counter waiting for the "referrals", setting follow up appts, etc, there was some unprofessional attitude/conversation between the front desk staff. I shouldn't have to hear conflict/attitude issues between them. It's unrealistic to believe that everyone likes or gets along with everyone else, but honestly, I shouldn't have to hear it. If Disney & In And Out Burger can do it, then any business can make it mandatory to speak kindly and respectfully to patients, clients, co-workers, etc - without exception. All conflict should be saved for private - behind closed doors - times. (And to be specific, it was only 2 out of 5 front office people re: separate issues who were unprofessional and 1 was worse than the other). Lastly, when there was a problem with an Rx at the pharmacy I had to call Dr office. Instead of listening to me so she could understand what I needed her to do to correct the problem, she gave me a standard answer that didn't address what I'd just told her. I had to actually raise my voice to get her to be quiet and LISTEN to what I was saying and DO what I wanted her to do in communicating with the Dr. She did finally listen to me and do what I asked her to do so that the issue at the pharmacy was corrected. It was just frustrating to have to go through that drama just to be heard and understood. Would have given a 2 stars for staff EXCEPT that the Medical Assistants were great.

Jul 20th, 2011

Excellent physician

If what you have is uncomplicated ... show details If what you have is uncomplicated ...
May 13th, 2011

then I would recommend this doctor. But for anything else, forget it. I went to him because my regular physician's license was restricted so he could not longer prescribe my ADHD medication, sleep medication or stronger pain medication when needed (I have fibromyalgia, CFIDS and recently had surgery for a broken hip), but his nurse practitioners won't do so either. Dr. Annamalai also wouldn't prescribe any medication for me, because, I presume, he, like most of the other health care providers I've been to throughout my life, presume that I have no clue what helps me and what doesn't after 48 years of living in my own body and after more than 10 years with these symptoms. He was nice enough but he didn't spend much time with me, didn't pay attention to what I said and didn't seem to know what to do with me. After I gave him a copy of test results from a few years back showing all sorts of viruses and bacteria in my blood, as well as reports on results of MRIs and X-rays by previous doctors saying I had, among other things, ankylosing spondylosis in my spine, Dr. Annamalai just walked away. He never asked me to make another appointment with him, nor did he ask anyone on staff to make another appointment for me with him. He referred me to a pain specialist, in spite of the fact that I told him I had been seeing pain specialists off and on since a very bad auto accident in 1988. I had told him that everything I had tried in the past no longer worked, which was another reason I didn't think I should see a pain specialist, as I'd be wasting his or her time.