Dr. Selene Parekh MD Patient Reviews

January 10th, 2016
Avoid this foot specialist
I have waited several years to post this review. I didn't want to be unfair or too harsh in my assessment. Dr. Parekh has a very pleasant, affable personality but in my case, his judgement was off. He has an odd philosophy of keeping patients in an immobilization boot for as many weeks (16 in my case) as he deems necessary- disregarding associated problems that will ensue from such a long period of immobilization. Go to one of the "real Duke" foot specialists and you will find out that they NEVER keep anyone immobilized for more than 6 wks for plantar fasciitis. In addition, Dr Parekh wrongly told me I had a fractured heel which was disproved when I finally insisted on an MRI at 16 wks. I ended up with overuse of my "good" foot and leg and tore cartilage in my "good" knee shortly after the boot came off- the knee injury occurred doing mild PT exercises under the direct supervision of a PT. My belief is that the long period of immobilization accelerated any existing knee arthritis and set me up for long term knee pain and disability which I still suffer from. Yes, he cured my plantar fasciitis but at what cost? Until you experience knee problems, you don't realize the importance of this major joint- heel pain pales in comparison.

June 25th, 2015
Did a lot of research on the surgeons who specialize in the specific type of ortho foot surgery that I needed. Not only was Dr Parekh an excellent surgeon, he and his staff were very informative and addressed all my concerns and issues. I would highly recommend him for foot surgery.

February 3rd, 2015
Great doctor
When I went into surgery at Duke I asked one of the nurses about him, her quote was " been working here 20 years and he is the only one that I would let work on my mother when she needed someone, he is THE BEST" and I agree

October 1st, 2014
Not impressed
To me an orthopedic surgeon not only has to properly diagnose, assess the appropriate treatment, and discuss details with patient, but must also exhibit a high level of manual dexterity and quality of care. I don't accept "sufficient" or "good enough" when pertaining my body. I saw the radiographs after the surgery and was not at all impressed. Sloppy work!!

April 17th, 2014
Great doctor!
Dr Parekh is terrific. He did an extensive bunion surgery on my foot, that included straightening my toes, and I have several metal implants. He saw me each week after surgery, was kind and courteous, thorough, and truly one of the most efficient doctors I have ever met. I am now running and doing yoga better than before, and my foot looks great! I would recommend him to anyone.

September 20th, 2011
one of the best
one of the best

February 17th, 2010
Fantastic experience
Excellent bedside manner. I understood what was going on with me when i left. I had seen 3 other doctors before this and no one explained my conditio ...

April 13th, 2008
Fantastic Foot and Ankle Surgeon
Great care, exceptional bedside manner.