Dr. Selina James Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Selina James?

Type 2 Diabetes

Type 2 Diabetes

Have you seen Dr. Selina James?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

November 16th, 2016

Author

I was a patient of Dr. James for approximately 8 years. I found her to be efficient in her work, prompt in provideing good service. However, it was challenging for me to establish a rapport with her. With me, her interview style was agressive - she seemed to lack patience with me. I always left her office feeling stupid - authough I have an advanced degree. I found her to be very controlling in her approach to prescribing the medications that I needed. She was not a good listener to my needs. Made me feel that she was protecting me from abusing medications when indeed there was no evidence of the kind. Being treated like a child is something an adult is not likely to take a liking to. Why did I stay with Dr. James as long as I did when obviously we were not a good fit? Because she came highly recommended and believe she has good skills. But in this day and age, a doctor has to be competent in other ways. Finally, I moved on to another doctor who treats me like a patient rather than a fool.

October 19th, 2015

Dr. James is, despite modern restrictions, willing to take whatever time it takes to satisfy the patient and answer all questions.

March 4th, 2014

My experience for the last 10 yrs

Ive used doctor James for basic family doctor care and im an overly invovled patient so im very involved in my care. I love Doctor James because she is attentive and caring to my needs. She is an intern so mu specific issues are ones she doesnt have expertice in other then my acid relfux so she refers out which is what she is suppose to do and i wouldnt want her to diagnoise or perscribe etc... but to make suggestions on a doctor or type of doctor i need to see to get expert care. I've had GYN issues and i didnt like the practice but it's okay i knew what i needed to find and found the best GYN ever. Overall for what my family physicans basic job is in my care she has been on it and her nurse is the best ever. No doctors offfice has immediate call backs anymore or checks on u but she does her job on suggesting referals for any issues and i would say u need to take her suggestions and find the best doctor in that field of practice.

October 1st, 2013

I wouldn't recommend it

I moved back to the area and needed a doctor and found Dr. James. I was not impressed the first time, but there wasn't anything outstanding that I didn't like....at first. For starters, its almost impossible to get up with her. Majority of the time I call the office, I am on music hold for at least 10 mintues before anyone will answer the phone. One time, I waited for 25 mintues and finally hung up because the receptioninst never answered. Another qualm I have is that they never do what they say they are going to do or follow up. For example, twice now they have told me they were sending my bloodwork information to the lab and when I arrivedat the lab for my appointment, the lab didn't have it and I wasn't able to get up with the doctor to have the information sent. I had to leave and make another appointment. Also, there have been times they were supposed to call me back, for example on prescription refills and I never hear from them. They assume you know when they have called in a refill. One last comment is, if you're looking for a conversation or advice on your health or types of medicine to take, she's not the person to ask. At my last physical she just said okay to anything I suggested, including medicine to prescribe. I asked for her advice on which type of medicine was best and she just said what I mentioned was fine.....well I had mentioned 3 different types. Overall, I'm very unhappy with Dr. James as a doctor and don't rely on her to guide me to good health.

June 6th, 2011

Dr James is great, She is caring... compassionate.. competent and that's just the "c's". When i needed her most during an emergency situation, she made time and was there for me. She followed up with me several times a week to make sure my prescriptions worked and to make sure i felt better.

April 10th, 2011

No to this doc, especially if you need Operation

I debated before writing this review as it is not my intention to harm, just to inform those unaware. This doctor was recommended highly by one I trusted. Initial consults seemed good. As visits continued I felt I was not listened to and that this doctor's top priority was to schedule tests and refer to specialists. I had to have a very serious operation, (not diagnosed by this doctor) and that is when I really was left without proper health care from this doctor. I was left to get my medical records from several sources with no help, left to try to decipher this operation with my surgeon, with no guidance from this doctor, and was also left to try continue my life after a very painful and difficult recovery.I was never contacted or checked on once during my operation or recovery by this doctor. At my post-op consult with her she said, "looks like you did well with your surgery." I left her care on that day and never looked back. I would never trust her with my health care or the health care of any of my family members. I felt there was no compassion, no connection to her patients. This is my experience only and I don't find doctors in general to have great bedside manners, but I would never agree that this doctor was a "caring doctor" based on her care of me. She has left the practice she was with when I was under her care and I only hope with that change, she has changed her manner, attitude, and treatment of her patients as well. Doctor heal thyself!

February 28th, 2011

Competent and caring

She spends enough time with me to really learn what the problems are. Willing to refer me when a specialist is needed. Lots of follow-up after the appt.

December 14th, 2010

Go see another doctor

She does not listen to you at all. She sends you to other doctors without helping at all. The nurses were nice as were the office staff, but the doctor did nothing to help my problem. I had to spend even more money to see other doctors when she could have diagnosed the problem. I completely recommend any other doctor.

September 23rd, 2010

Dr. James is attentive, caring, and most importantly LISTENS to you. She does not rush you through the appt. and she asks a lot of detailed questions in her diagnosing process. She does not try to make your situation fit a textbook clinical case, instead she individualizes your care. I look forward to my appointments with her.

July 12th, 2010

patient, kind, caring

She takes as long as you need and seems caring. Went once and will return. Was looking for a good internist.

June 10th, 2015